Sponsored

Tazer Mini impact on UConnect 8.4" quick access app icons (specifically Off-Road Pages)?

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I know the Tazer Mini is a bit notorious for causing minor gremlins, but curious if this is one of them (can't seem to find reports of it specifically). I have the 8.4" screen and set up the quick access apps to be: Media | CarPlay (Phone) | Climate | Apps | Front Camera | Rear Camera | Off-Road Pages. I had this prior to the Tazer and it seemed to work fine, it never lost or reset the icons. Even if ORP wasn't available on the main screen (due to its buggy/slow loading), the icon wouldn't disappear or get lost. Now with the Tazer, it's constantly changing/resetting where I have the ORP icon to be the Controls app icon instead.

There's not really another app I need here, so ORP was the ideal choice...wondering if this is to be blamed on Tazer or not.
Sponsored

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
I don't think it's the Tazer....my pages are just about the same as yours, and I haven't lost the ORP once (nor has it moved.).
YMMV

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
I know the Tazer Mini is a bit notorious for causing minor gremlins, but curious if this is one of them (can't seem to find reports of it specifically). I have the 8.4" screen and set up the quick access apps to be: Media | CarPlay (Phone) | Climate | Apps | Front Camera | Rear Camera | Off-Road Pages. I had this prior to the Tazer and it seemed to work fine, it never lost or reset the icons. Even if ORP wasn't available on the main screen (due to its buggy/slow loading), the icon wouldn't disappear or get lost. Now with the Tazer, it's constantly changing/resetting where I have the ORP icon to be the Controls app icon instead.

There's not really another app I need here, so ORP was the ideal choice...wondering if this is to be blamed on Tazer or not.
Did your Gladiator come with the factory 8.4 screen?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

Don't blame the tazer. IT's the stupid radio and the idiots at uconnect who decided to make ORP "cloud-based" instead of local.
I keep moving my ORP icon back to the lower left - I do not want the controls for HVAC icon there - but every couple of days or so the ORP icon is missing from there and the controls icon back.
Take note - leave the radio on "apps" and note if they are there when you first start your truck in the AM or after sitting a few hours. Bet they aren't there until it makes contact with the cloud.
Until I drive a couple of minutes or a mile or two I don't have ORP or some of the other icons.
Can't believe they didn't make that a permanent local app instead of having to connect to something to get to it.
Why the heck some of those totally worthless icons/apps local and yet things that are part of the truck - ORP gauges, pitch and roll, and so on - CLOUD based? Dopes, pure idiocy.
Oh, shopping is almost always there! Crazy.

Last edited:
OP
OP

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
IT's the stupid radio and the idiots a uconnect who decided to make ORP "cloud-based" instead of local.
Sigh…that’s insane. Maybe as bad as the 992 not having physical homelink buttons, but rather software buttons nested deep in the menus. And sure, you can add it as a widget on the Home Screen, but it’s cloud based as well and almost never loads unless you go…to the menu based version 🤦🏻‍♂️
Sponsored