First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep JKU
Occupation
HVAC
When using the tazer to change tire size my speedometer is off 2-3 mph. I’ve gone from 33.75 ish which is what tire measures up to 34.8 which Is manufactures measurement. I’ve used Waze and speedometer for gps reading and I don’t have phone plugged into vehicle as I read there’s issues with that. Am I doing something wrong?
Sponsored

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
2 things.
First, what firmware version? There was a bug in 11.2.9 related to tire size.
Second, after making the change, are you doing the full reboot and 2 sleep cycles?
Jeep Gladiator Tazer question 1631122624615

OP
OP
Mrbizkitt

Mrbizkitt

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep JKU
Occupation
HVAC
2 things.
First, what firmware version? There was a bug in 11.2.9 related to tire size.
Second, after making the change, are you doing the full reboot and 2 sleep cycles?
Jeep Gladiator Tazer question 1631122624615
I am using the older firmware because I read guys were having problems with the brakes looking up or brake light something? I did the full reboot but wasn’t aware of the 2 sleep cycle. For tire size, it’s measured tire size correct?

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
I am using the older firmware because I read guys were having problems with the brakes looking up or brake light something? I did the full reboot but wasn’t aware of the 2 sleep cycle. For tire size, it’s measured tire size correct?
The problem was a "feature" that was originally turned on by default, so people didn't know it was active. That's been fixed supposedly in the last few versions.
Yes, it should be measured tire size, but without the 2 sleep cycles the setting changes may not take effect.

OP
OP
Mrbizkitt

Mrbizkitt

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep JKU
Occupation
HVAC
The problem was a "feature" that was originally turned on by default, so people didn't know it was active. That's been fixed supposedly in the last few versions.
Yes, it should be measured tire size, but without the 2 sleep cycles the setting changes may not take effect.
Very good sir. Thank you. I’m going to give it a shot after I check the firmware

Sponsored

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
Don't go off of the manufactures' measurement. Measure it as it sits on your truck.

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely don't go by the tire manufacturers measurements. Actually measure the tire. My 34's I just got are more like 33.5's measured which is what I input in my tazer recently although I haven't checked to see if my mileage is off though.
But its set. I did the reboot and stuff not sure about sleep cycles. Kind of seems redundant doing sleep cycles, you;d think a simple reboot would do the trick.

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel
You can verify whether it's actually saving or not by going into the menu. It should be the last tire setting you entered, not the default factory setting.

If it's not a save issue, just have to keep guessing around that height. My 315/70-17's were dead on at 34.4@32psi

OP
OP
Mrbizkitt

Mrbizkitt

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep JKU
Occupation
HVAC
Figured out what I was doing wrong. I was selecting the tire measurement without pushing the cruise control button to actually set it. Every time I went back in it was shell in 32.7.
Sponsored