Sponsored

Tazer stopped working need help

• Thread starter Deleted member 30519
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2

Deleted member 30519

I just pulled over on the side of the road before work. My gears were shifting funny and noticed live functions were off for stop start now I have check engine light on and I don't know what to do. It says the 513 gears are still updated in the settings. Should I try to unmarry it ?
Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
The Tazer can read your CEL. Post up with the code.

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

The Tazer can read your CEL. Post up with the code.
I think I accidentally cleared them. I did a restart and check engine is off but I don't wanna end up breaking down on the road. Is my best option at this point to try and unmarry it and re do the 5.13 gears in the settings?

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

I did a full reboot and seems to be back to working with the live functions. I'm literally dropping it off now for my rear diff fluid change. This is scary

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
I keep almost convincing myself to get a Tazer, then I read posts like this and I tell myself no way. The things seem to be more trouble than they're worth.

Sponsored

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
I keep almost convincing myself to get a Tazer, then I read posts like this and I tell myself no way. The things seem to be more trouble than they're worth.
Not true. I’ve had mine for almost a year without a single hiccup. I would bet there are thousands of happy customers and a handful of dissatisfied ones. As with anything you only hear from the ones who aren’t happy.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Most folks with issues don’t RTFM. I’ve been using for almost 3 yrs between my JL and JT plus added a Tazer to my TRX. Can’t live without them. As for the issues above, the Tazer has nothing to do with gears beyond letter the PCM know they’ve been changed. Without a CEL readout this thread kinda is useless.

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

Most folks with issues don’t RTFM. I’ve been using for almost 3 yrs between my JL and JT plus added a Tazer to my TRX. Can’t live without them. As for the issues above, the Tazer has nothing to do with gears beyond letter the PCM know they’ve been changed. Without a CEL readout this thread kinda is useless.
I bought mine from rubitrex and it did not come with a manual. The only thing that was in the box was the tazer and the update cord. I watched the YouTube videos from quadratec and figured out the basics. I've had it on a while and it's been fine even throught my trip to NJ and back for my re-gear. The mechanic programmed the 5.13 gears in himself and that was last week. Does anyone have a PDF for the full manual?

Hostile4Jeeps

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
I bought mine from rubitrex and it did not come with a manual. The only thing that was in the box was the tazer and the update cord. I watched the YouTube videos from quadratec and figured out the basics. I've had it on a while and it's been fine even throught my trip to NJ and back for my re-gear. The mechanic programmed the 5.13 gears in himself and that was last week. Does anyone have a PDF for the full manual?
It's on their website...

redfish

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT
Occupation
Strategic Account Executive
Did the person that did your gears use the tazer to set the new gear size , or was the tazer installed or umarried when the gear change was set?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

Did the person that did your gears use the tazer to set the new gear size , or was the tazer installed or umarried when the gear change was set?
I installed and married it few weeks before the re-gear trip. He told me all he did was went into the settings to set it to 5.13s.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I installed and married it few weeks before the re-gear trip. He told me all he did was went into the settings to set it to 5.13s.
I gotta ask…how sure are you anything was done correctly? There’s a process installing the Tazer that most YT videos leave out, such as, marry, full re-boot, configuring settings, reboot, then leaving the vehicle locked and key away from its proximity range for minutes at a time.

Go to their website and RTFM.

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
That sounds like it's unlikely he also did the full reboot and at least 2 sleep cycles after changing the setting.
Sponsored