Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
The Teaser Trail to Easter Jeep® Safari 2022 - Trail Marker 3

March 17, 2022 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Ever wonder what blending two mighty off-roaders like the Jeep® Wrangler and Jeep Gladiator might look like? What if a truck dared to be more like an SUV to increase its departure angle? The latest Jeep concept heading to this year's Easter Jeep Safari reinvents what the ultimate terrain tackler dares to be, delivering an abundance of four-wheeling confidence and a pinch of open-air freedom.

Also see the previous teasers for this year's EJS concepts:

Jeep Performance Parts Concepts Heading to the 56th Annual Easter Jeep Safari
Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept Teased Ahead of Easter Jeep Safari Debut

FODadUvXEAUVcdC.jpeg
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
I'd be super happy with a unitized tub and bed. Reverse swing half doors would be super cool too.

jjs3845

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Overland
This may be the dumb question of the day but are we just talking about a 2 door Gladiator? If so, I'm not understanding the purpose or how that's better than what I have now?

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Well thi k back the CJ8 scrambler and CJ6 bodies, they were unitized tubs, the whole body was the whole body. The J8 milspec jk cousin is the same way.

So now picture a modern gladiator in two or 4 doors with JL/JLU overhangs and break over angle.

Insert scrambler image here. Now imagine a scrambler unlimited with suicide half doors. Taa daa!

Sponsored

SuperUltraMan

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator Rubicon, JL Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Human Being
Most likely the Scrambler version.
A Wrangler with a cab close-out behind the rear seats and a longer rear overhang.
Maybe a 4 foot bed area.
Or maybe like the old full-size Cherokee Chief but with a full-length fiberglass top like the full-size Blazer….

SuperUltraMan

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator Rubicon, JL Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Human Being
The Gladiator with a shorter wheelbase and a 4 foot bed would be cool.

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
This may be the dumb question of the day but are we just talking about a 2 door Gladiator? If so, I'm not understanding the purpose or how that's better than what I have now?
The Gladiator has a separate cab and bed. Most people who want a 2 door Gladiator still want a separate Gladiator sized bed and they do not want a backseat, no matter how small. Just look at all of comments on reddit posts of 2 door Gladiator renders ('tHe gLaDiAtOr wE AlL WaNtEd', 'bRo i wOuLd bUy tHiS If tHeY MaDe iT').

This is more of a 'Wrangler w/ a Bed' concept, than a 'Shortened Gladiator' concept.

It will be better for enthusiasts who want better breakover angles, 4 seats and an exposed cargo area, without having to put monster tires on the Gladiator. It will be shorter, so it should be more maneuverable in tight spaces.

The bed on this will be shorter than on the Gladiator. This will not matter to a lot of people because they do not need bed space (they do not need the daily utility, they do not need for overlanding). The spare tire is most likely going to have to be on a swingout carrier or the tailgate itself will swing like a Wrangler. There will not be enough space under the bed to accommodate a spare.

What is interesting about this is that the B pillar was removed to shorten the overall length of the cab, presumably so that they could keep the wheelbase the same as (or as close as possible to) the Wrangler Unlimited, while still having a bed that is sealed off from the cab. The back seats themselves must also be smaller, and the front seats modified to accommodate seat belts.

Last edited: