Tekonsha Brake Control Wiring Harness

SwampFox

First Name
Ches
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S (max tow pkg)
For those interested, Tekonsha has released a “plug and play” wiring harness for Jeep Gladiators. The harness part number is 3073-P . I purchased mine yesterday at a local 4X4 retail store.
Sponsored

hlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubiconus Maximus
Thanks...Do you know if it has a diode to prevent voltage backfeed?

Madmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator launch edition
Harness works great.
Velcro attachment to the side of the center console for the brake controller.
No feedback... clean quick easy job. Have less the 10 minutes time for the installation.

A84B190C-21B6-4D73-9238-E891FA5CD35E.jpeg

F29FF251-1FB0-4150-A2DC-939AF636139F.jpeg

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The harness does not have a diode. Here's the schematic that comes with the Tekonsha controller.

20191124_131009.jpg
The diagram doesn’t show it, but it definitely has one in in it. I had one in my hand when installing my Redarc and saw the heat shrink in the red wire with it. Also verified with my multimeter that the diode is present and doesn’t allow flow from the controller back up to the Jeep.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The diagram doesn’t show it, but it definitely has one in in it. I had one in my hand when installing my Redarc and saw the heat shrink in the red wire with it. Also verified with my multimeter that the diode is present and doesn’t allow flow from the controller back up to the Jeep.
That's more of a "wiring diagram" rather than schematic - which generally shows symbols rather than actual drawings like this does. They'll never show details........... just barely enough so someone looking at the picture could wire it in without reading and wondering "what the heck is this thing".

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase

Combolc

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Toyota 4runner
Dam I wish this was out months ago . I used a Redarc diode with a Curt harness and the Redarc controller.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Dam I wish this was out months ago . I used a Redarc diode with a Curt harness and the Redarc controller.
Even better for the Redarc is to use their Ram harness and switch the blue and black wires. I did this because it already has a diode in it and is completely plug and play on both ends.

NaughtyGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
Are y'all removing the brake controller when you're not using it? I finally got mine wired in and was surprised to see that the power was always on rather than tied to the ignition circuit. I'm worried about the battery draw as this is not my daily driver.

Sponsored

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Are y'all removing the brake controller when you're not using it? I finally got mine wired in and was surprised to see that the power was always on rather than tied to the ignition circuit. I'm worried about the battery draw as this is not my daily driver.
No mine is permanently mounted, but it also goes to sleep when not in use. Even my old Tekonsha P2 did that, the light would go out after about 15 minutes of being stopped and out of the truck.

Gladius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X2 on leaving it in. Been using Tekonsha fo 20 years. Never drained a battery.

MikeNC

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Apparently the Tekonsha 3073-P adapter is out of stock everywhere on the planet. Etrailer has me at 2.5 months - put on order with Dale's Superstore and Reese Hitches today. Reese is out of stock. Somebody mentioned using a Dodge RAM adapter and swapping pins. Can I get details on which adapter that is?
Sponsored