First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
Will be traveling through Ocala this summer. I have a couple of hours to hit the Tread Lightly trails but not all day. What trails should I run? I am looking at the 34 pages of map on the Forest Services map but there has to be a preferred path or a select few worth running.
Thanks!!
Sponsored

Sal

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Will be traveling through Ocala this summer. I have a couple of hours to hit the Tread Lightly trails but not all day. What trails should I run? I am looking at the 34 pages of map on the Forest Services map but there has to be a preferred path or a select few worth running.
Thanks!!
hey I wouldn’t do any of the trails in ocla except for the Jeep BOH. Which is easy. Most of the trails there are from Atv trails and will scratch your jeep.
Drive down to Citrus way better with a lot of trails.

OP
OP
AmishMike

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Whipping boy
hey I wouldn’t do any of the trails in ocla except for the Jeep BOH. Which is easy. Most of the trails there are from Atv trails and will scratch your jeep.
Drive down to Citrus way better with a lot of trails.
I am expecting 'pin striping' but would be just fine avoiding it! So which are the BOH trails? Maybe I just can't decipher the Forestry maps, but it looks like everything is just a numbered trail. I don't want to spend all day staring at the map to get back out.
Thanks!

Sal

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I am expecting 'pin striping' but would be just fine avoiding it! So which are the BOH trails? Maybe I just can't decipher the Forestry maps, but it looks like everything is just a numbered trail. I don't want to spend all day staring at the map to get back out.
Thanks!
here the route I did.

EB5D9C03-B19D-4DF6-B9A2-A525412F96D8.jpeg

OP
OP
AmishMike

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Whipping boy
Would you come in from 314 and go down then or just come in from 40?

Sponsored

Sal

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
i went in by state road 40 and went south.

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Mojave Sarge
Occupation
Gunsmith
I was born and raised in Central Florida and used to practically live in the forest. My uncle ran dogs for many years and I cut my teeth on offloading chasing Walkers, chasing deer. Things have changed.

I used to be a member of Orlando Jeep Club and we would ride Ocala once a month. I knew my way around pretty well and knew all the trails.

I have spent the last 17 years away from the area and upon returning I have been overwhelmed with trying to decipher the new rules and regulations. There seems to be a lot of maps that make no sense to me. I'm almost scared to go into the forest and find myself on a trail I once was allowed on to now be illegal. I'm working on figuring it out.
Sponsored