Sponsored

Temptations in a crazy market.

db305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Max Tow
keep in mind that prices for 2022 models are up across the board, some a full $2k+. on the other hand, gas prices are kicking me real hard and i might do the same if the right offer comes in.
Sponsored

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Hey guys, so I have owned my Gladiator since March and have put 20k miles on it (alot I know). The dealer I purchased it from called me offering to buy it for what I paid for it.... Seems like a deal too good to pass up. When can you drive 20k miles in such a sweet ride and pay nothing aside from tax? I think I am going to accept and drive this older ranger until the market corrects itself then order a new one.... Am I crazy?

20211019_132349.jpg
Ok so your in the auto industry and your asking a Gladiator forum if you should sell it. Interesting in itself. Then you say you can get what you paid for it minus taxes, which were how much?
Then you say you want to buy property with the money and drive a Ranger instead. Okay. Then you say you don’t actually own the Ranger
“Yet” and didn’t really get your dream Gladiator with the one your driving now. Then some are saying the market will change back to the way it was prior Covid, and you will get a better deal then. Reality is MSRP will always creep up every year, incentives may get better.
BUT nobody’s knows jack and everything is an assumption.
Just look at all the different opinions you are getting, there is no “right”
way, just different ways. Go with your gut and whatever makes you happy, it’s just a damn vehicle and not some rare coin. They will make more, and maybe even better when you decide to buy again.

sdtkeld

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave Sarge Green
Occupation
Grocery bagger
With 20k on the Jeep I’d sell it. You only paid tax, title and license to pile the miles on it for six months. You will be out of warranty soon. In a year supply will catch up with demand, the used market will most likely come to earth, and you can buy a new car for not much more with a new car warranty.

Horde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland. 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Sponsored

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
I think your instinct to sell is correct in order to buy the land.

It is ALWAYS location, location, location in real estate. If the location is what you want get it when it's available. You can find or order what you want when it comes to vehicles that sell by the 10's of thousands every year.

The Ranger looks like it's been taken care of---but that really is the big factor in the equation. Not having an auto transmission is a huge possible repair off your shoulders. So if the engine looks, sounds, and runs well then I'd go for it.

No Quarter

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Business Consultant
I traded in my Mercedes Convertible and got 12k more than I owed. I applied it all towards a lightly used JT. Did the same with my wife's Lexus Fsport.
She needed an SUV. Between these two transactions, we did not increase the debt owed, but reduced the monthly expense by $1k. So, there are definitely ways to take advantage of this inflated market.

OP
OP
dakota.morgan91

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(ordered) 2021 Gladiator Willys
Ok so your in the auto industry and your asking a Gladiator forum if you should sell it. Interesting in itself. Then you say you can get what you paid for it minus taxes, which were how much?
Then you say you want to buy property with the money and drive a Ranger instead. Okay. Then you say you don’t actually own the Ranger
“Yet” and didn’t really get your dream Gladiator with the one your driving now. Then some are saying the market will change back to the way it was prior Covid, and you will get a better deal then. Reality is MSRP will always creep up every year, incentives may get better.
BUT nobody’s knows jack and everything is an assumption.
Just look at all the different opinions you are getting, there is no “right”
way, just different ways. Go with your gut and whatever makes you happy, it’s just a damn vehicle and not some rare coin. They will make more, and maybe even better when you decide to buy again.
lol yes I did say all of those things you quoted. Being in the auto industry makes me an expert in the product I sell, and in the process of sales but not macro economics....This is a large public forum and there, I hope, are people that know more than I do on the subject of current events and supply lines etc.

You are right there is no right answer, and my gut is telling me to move forward and save the extra money from not having a payment to put towards my future rental goal/dream... I appreciate your feedback

OP
OP
dakota.morgan91

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think your instinct to sell is correct in order to buy the land.

It is ALWAYS location, location, location in real estate. If the location is what you want get it when it's available. You can find or order what you want when it comes to vehicles that sell by the 10's of thousands every year.

The Ranger looks like it's been taken care of---but that really is the big factor in the equation. Not having an auto transmission is a huge possible repair off your shoulders. So if the engine looks, sounds, and runs well then I'd go for it.
Location your right is the biggest factor! I live in an up and coming area and property values are still reasonable, so I am hoping I can get it before it shoots up like the "posh" town 30 minutes north of it.

The ranger is super clean, no leaks etc. Checks out by our service department.

Sponsored

OP
OP
dakota.morgan91

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
Carvana is offering $40,250 for my 2020 Sport S Max Tow w/ 14,500 miles on it. By far the best value offer I've seen. I don't drive a ton of miles and its about 2 yrs old... man this is tempting if I could find something on a lot.

Koolcarguy

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro blue Jt 2012 Gecko green Jk 2021 Gecko
Occupation
Car dealer
Hey guys, so I have owned my Gladiator since March and have put 20k miles on it (alot I know). The dealer I purchased it from called me offering to buy it for what I paid for it.... Seems like a deal too good to pass up. When can you drive 20k miles in such a sweet ride and pay nothing aside from tax? I think I am going to accept and drive this older ranger until the market corrects itself then order a new one.... Am I crazy?

20211019_132349.jpg
Yes absolutely crazy that Ranger is worth alot of cash right now little trucks are stupid high(im a used car dealer) my idea is order a brand new one find a dealer that will give you a deal ! Sell the ranger and keep driving a Gladiator!!

SquirrelNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I've considered selling my JT... KBB is putting the current value at about $10,000 MORE than I paid for it a year ago... now I'm not sure if a dealer would actually pay that; I haven't explored it officially yet... but man... if that's true... that's tempting.

My father has a nice 1999 Suburban he's selling at the moment too... hmmm... I just like this JT so dang much it would be so hard to part with it. But... it could fund the UTV my kids have been begging me to get so we can ride some more trails that the Jeep can't go on. Decisions Decisions.

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
I've considered selling my JT... KBB is putting the current value at about $10,000 MORE than I paid for it a year ago... now I'm not sure if a dealer would actually pay that; I haven't explored it officially yet... but man... if that's true... that's tempting.

My father has a nice 1999 Suburban he's selling at the moment too... hmmm... I just like this JT so dang much it would be so hard to part with it. But... it could fund the UTV my kids have been begging me to get so we can ride some more trails that the Jeep can't go on. Decisions Decisions.
Here's what they are selling for at the auction.

2021 Gladiator Sport S Manheim.jpg
Sponsored