Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
So, I'm wondering and haven't really found an answer anywhere.

I have a JT Overland (without the automatic disconnects). Been contemplating going with the Teraflex option. Seems pretty simple and easy to install. Plus I like and have used other Teraflex products.

I'd like to maybe go ahead and get this kit now (or soon). I currently just have a Teraflex front level on Rubicon take-offs for suspension which has been fine. But I eventually want to get a full out suspension lift at some point instead of just a spacer lift. (maybe Mopar 2").

In any case, let's say I go with this option now. If/when I do get a lift, it's going to obviously come with new end links. My question is, at that point can/should I run the links that come with the new lift verses the links from the disconnect kit? I wouldn't think it would matter to swap them out. But just trying to verify. If I can't/shouldn't use them for whatever reason, than I don't want to bother wasting time getting this even if it's temporary and I'll just wait for my lift when the time comes. Obviously if/when I get a full lift, I would prefer to run exactly what comes with it. If so, at that point (if it's doable) the only thing used from the actual Teraflex disconnects would be the brackets to connect and disconnect from.

Side note: supposedly the Teraflex kit is good for lifts 0 - 4.5 of that matters

Video link of the kit in question:

JL | JT: Front Sway Bar Quick Disconnect Install | TeraFlex - YouTube
Sponsored

Last edited:

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
Good question!

You should be able to run that kit anywhere in the 0-4.5 lift range due to the length of the links we have in the kit. The links are a fair amount longer than factory links which allows the compatibility for the different heights. On a stock height or small lifted Jeep the sway bar would be angled up, but that doesn't affect the functionality or use.

Hope this makes sense.

OP
OP
Sarge502

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Good question!

You should be able to run that kit anywhere in the 0-4.5 lift range due to the length of the links we have in the kit. The links are a fair amount longer than factory links which allows the compatibility for the different heights. On a stock height or small lifted Jeep the sway bar would be angled up, but that doesn't affect the functionality or use.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks for the reply but my question wasn’t if I could run the Teraflex end links with any other lift within the range, but the opposite meaning could I run other end links (that come with whatever lift I get) with the Teraflex mounting brackets that connect and disconnect within the Teraflex kit?. I assume so with most end links being the same besides length.

I want this kit for the meantime but eventually when I get a full lift, I would prefer to run exactly what comes with it but want to keep the quick disconnect option (brackets/pin) if that makes sense.
Sponsored