First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
First run across a 6 trail, I hit a wash rut harder than I should have and bottomed the front suspension. A little disappointing, but stock suspension is stock.

I ordered this set from Extreme Terrain - they're the same price everywhere, but I had a $5 credit from them.

https://www.extremeterrain.com/tera...-stop-kit-for-0-to-450-inch-lift-1969200.html

The Terraflex instructions were nuts, take the whole damned front end apart to install simple bump stops. Some fellow posted a YT video for his JKU using spring compressors to pull the front coils, I thought that was a MUCH better idea.

Finally got around to buying a set of spring compressors from my local Harbor Freight. Had some Rusty's rear LCA skidplates to install, a Rock Hard CAD skidplate, and some other stuff to do while ashes were falling on my head today.

The rear bump stops are beefy and super easy to swap - no big deal. I was dreading a little bit the whole pull the front spring thing, but OK, I had time to do everything today (even energy despite my eyes burning).

Pulling the tire after disconnecting the swaybar on the passenger side, I noticed there didn't seem to be any reason I couldn't squeeze the factory bump stop out. Then I lubed up the TF unit, shoved it through the springs, and jammed it in the socket (silicone spray). I had to use a torque wrench with a big flat head to lever the bump stop up, and a channel locks to wiggle it round, but it eventually seated into the socket. The driver side was easier because I could run the channel locks right handed. It's REAL obvious when the bump stop seats.

Before:
Jeep Gladiator Terraflex Progressive bump stop kit - ridiculously easy to install IMG_20200912_142732

After, with minimal fuss:

Jeep Gladiator Terraflex Progressive bump stop kit - ridiculously easy to install IMG_20200912_144845

Metalcloak apparently has the same kind of deal, so it doesn't really matter what you use, but upgrading from the OEM units is a trivial exercise.
Sponsored

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
Just ordered these also. Had the more expensive ones on my JK and they were amazing. Hopefully these are half as good.

CTFriel

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Anyone else running the rear Teraflex bumps? Im confused because they say they are 1.5” longer than stock.

Well, my tape measure must be off? Are the FACTORY Rubicon bump stops longer than the other variations or something?

I’ll call Teraflex tomorrow.

Jeep Gladiator Terraflex Progressive bump stop kit - ridiculously easy to install 01EBF41D-AEE9-45D5-9C29-FAACDA2C8257
Jeep Gladiator Terraflex Progressive bump stop kit - ridiculously easy to install DE9DCADC-6E8B-48AC-96AE-0A4FADAC4B6C

OP
OP
brianinca

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
I hit a driveway entrance to a shopping center as fast as I would in my YJ and I could definitely feel the progressive firmness of the stops. I'm quite pleased for the money and ease of installation. I'll definitely look at the Terraflex hydraulic bump stops when I decide on a lift. For now, this is a fine inexpensive upgrade.
Sponsored