Sponsored

Test Drove A Gladiator Tonight In MD

bigbeerdrinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JKU Sahara, 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I test drove a black Rubicon that was apparently a "Spec" Gladiator. The dealer did not get to pick what options only the color. The dealer was www.ourismanchryslerdodgejeep.net in Clarksville, MD. I have been working with Andrew Thomas. He has been very upfront and honest with his information. The spec Jeep is for sale and is being sold at MSRP $61,275 for anyone that wants it. I was tempted to negotiate, but it didn't have everything I wanted. What Andrew has told me is that on this spec Jeep they can't honor the Affiliate Rewards, and as of right now there is no way to see if it will be honored once ordering starts. He has no reason why they would not honor it, but it's just not in the system for them to check.

I wanted to compare the drive to my 2014 Grand Cherokee, and my 2011 JKU. I have heard the ride is night and day between the JL, and JK. They were right!! The ride was very smooth...It was a very short drive, and I was only able to get up to 45 mph but we hit a few bumps which it handled with no problem. It's not as smooth as the Grand Cherokee, but way better than my JK.

Another test passed...now to get the price right!

Apparently there are only 6 or 7 as of right now in MD, but you can check one out in Clarksville.

Sorry my review wasn't as technical as others...like I said it was a very short drive. I will say the Gladiator did look more impressive in person.

2019-04-24.jpg

2019-04-24.jpg
Sponsored

LidLess07X

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Recon, 2001 TJ Sport, 2018 Mustang GT PP1 with Roush S.C.
Thank you for your post. I have been checking local dealer's web pages hoping to see one in person but have not had any luck. Ill be working in Columbia tomorrow so I' will ride up to Clarkesville and check it out.

OP
OP

bigbeerdrinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
how was the back seat space?
I thought it was spacious. I had the passenger seat all the back and I was sitting behind it very comfortably. My legs were not touching...now I'm only 5'9 but I certainly did not feel cramped.

My biggest thing is that I will have 2 carseats back there, and my 5 year old can get in and out on his own. He just squeezes by when we take the Wrangler, but has plenty of room in the Cherokee obviously. I would've loved to test out a carseat, but I knew there was no way that was happening haha.

OP
OP

bigbeerdrinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for your post. I have been checking local dealer's web pages hoping to see one in person but have not had any luck. Ill be working in Columbia tomorrow so I' will ride up to Clarkesville and check it out.
Glad to help!! Like I said I was working with Andrew. If he doesn't know the answer he will let you know, and then go and try to get an answer. That works for me!

Sponsored

LeadUtensil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RX350L
I thought it was spacious. I had the passenger seat all the back and I was sitting behind it very comfortably. My legs were not touching...now I'm only 5'9 but I certainly did not feel cramped.

My biggest thing is that I will have 2 carseats back there, and my 5 year old can get in and out on his own. He just squeezes by when we take the Wrangler, but has plenty of room in the Cherokee obviously. I would've loved to test out a carseat, but I knew there was no way that was happening haha.
Glad to hear, in the same boat

n29we

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Denali HD
I test drove a black Rubicon that was apparently a "Spec" Gladiator. The dealer did not get to pick what options only the color. The dealer was www.ourismanchryslerdodgejeep.net in Clarksville, MD. I have been working with Andrew Thomas. He has been very upfront and honest with his information. The spec Jeep is for sale and is being sold at MSRP $61,275 for anyone that wants it. I was tempted to negotiate, but it didn't have everything I wanted. What Andrew has told me is that on this spec Jeep they can't honor the Affiliate Rewards, and as of right now there is no way to see if it will be honored once ordering starts. He has no reason why they would not honor it, but it's just not in the system for them to check.

I wanted to compare the drive to my 2014 Grand Cherokee, and my 2011 JKU. I have heard the ride is night and day between the JL, and JK. They were right!! The ride was very smooth...It was a very short drive, and I was only able to get up to 45 mph but we hit a few bumps which it handled with no problem. It's not as smooth as the Grand Cherokee, but way better than my JK.

Apparently there are only 6 or 7 as of right now in MD, but you can check one out in Clarksville.

Sorry my review wasn't as technical as others...like I said it was a very short drive. I will say the Gladiator did look more impressive in person.

2019-04-24.jpg

2019-04-24.jpg
I'm curious what it didn't have that you wanted? At over 61K it has almost every option.

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO

Here ya go

Screenshot_20190228-185752_Instagram.jpg

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel

2019-04-24.jpg

2019-04-24.jpg
Thanks for the info

OP
OP

bigbeerdrinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm curious what it didn't have that you wanted? At over 61K it has almost every option.
Well it had items that I did not want on it:
- Body color fenders
- Body color hard top
- Leather

It was missing;
- Front camera
- Tonneau cover
- Soft top (dual top group)

I know the last 2 items can easily be added, but if I am going to do this then I want it exactly the way I want it. Plus who know how much the installation would be for the camera let alone the the initial cost. I also may need to rethink the leather...

Sponsored

LidLess07X

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well it had items that I did not want on it:
- Body color fenders
- Body color hard top
- Leather

It was missing;
- Front camera
- Tonneau cover
- Soft top (dual top group)

I know the last 2 items can easily be added, but if I am going to do this then I want it exactly the way I want it. Plus who know how much the installation would be for the camera let alone the the initial cost. I also may need to rethink the leather...
I drove up to Clarksville and met Andrew and the Gladiator.

Wow am I impressed. I was really hoping I would hate it because I should be happy with my 2018 Recon, but I LOVE it.

I’ll try to answer a couple of questions I have seen on the forum....

The fuel door does not have an inside release as some have been asking. You basically push it in on the right side and it springs open

Room in the back is sufficient. I am 6’2” and 260 lbs and I was not uncomfortable. The seat backs being in more of a reclined position definitely helps. I added a decline kit to my JK and the Gladiator was still better.

I have a two car garage with 3 vehicles stuffed in it. If it wasn’t for that, and the fact that my wife would kill me in my sleep, I would have came home with it.

They are selling at MSRP and the salesman (Andrew) was very cool and not pushy at all.

I’ve never been more excited about a vehicle in my life LOL

awas

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Jeep Wrangler JK Sahara, Jeep Grand Cherokee,
I drove up to Clarksville and met Andrew and the Gladiator.

Wow am I impressed. I was really hoping I would hate it because I should be happy with my 2018 Recon, but I LOVE it.

I’ll try to answer a couple of questions I have seen on the forum....

The fuel door does not have an inside release as some have been asking. You basically push it in on the right side and it springs open

Room in the back is sufficient. I am 6’2” and 260 lbs and I was not uncomfortable. The seat backs being in more of a reclined position definitely helps. I added a decline kit to my JK and the Gladiator was still better.

I have a two car garage with 3 vehicles stuffed in it. If it wasn’t for that, and the fact that my wife would kill me in my sleep, I would have came home with it.

They are selling at MSRP and the salesman (Andrew) was very cool and not pushy at all.

I’ve never been more excited about a vehicle in my life LOL
I think you were there, when I was there. Here are some more pics

2BE9DCBB-DF82-49E4-8B44-567520CD79BF.jpeg

F84B309D-CD4F-4964-85D7-662F61FD3101.jpeg

9ACC2B33-EF5F-42AB-8830-66CCD0527135.jpeg

TYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Interior photo makes the “dark saddle” leather look more tan than brown. Yes? No?

LidLess07X

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you were there, when I was there. Here are some more pics

2BE9DCBB-DF82-49E4-8B44-567520CD79BF.jpeg

F84B309D-CD4F-4964-85D7-662F61FD3101.jpeg

9ACC2B33-EF5F-42AB-8830-66CCD0527135.jpeg
It was nice to meet you. I was so worked up I forgot to take any pics. Thanks for sharing
Sponsored