Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
For what it is, I think Ford did an excellent job with Maverick.

Maverick is what Ridgeline should have been: economical, affordable, no-nonsense versatility. Instead, Ridgeline turned out overpriced, overweight and fuel inefficient.

For $25,000, a lot of people are going to get a Maverick pickup that delivers 40 MPG, instead of buying a boring Civic, Corolla or Elantra.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For $25,000, a lot of people are going to get a Maverick pickup that delivers 40 MPG, instead of buying a boring Civic, Corolla or Elantra.
THIS!!!

Though I did see that a loaded AWD version with the 250hp 2.0L turbo runs into the $35,000 range.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
THIS!!!

Though I did see that a loaded AWD version with the 250hp 2.0L turbo runs into the $35,000 range.
Yeah, there are two trim levels: base starts at $20,000 and comes only in FWD with a hybrid power train; the higher trim level comes with the 2.3L EcoBoost and offers AWD.

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
I was impressed,wife wants one going to order it for her
That’s it?
You were impressed?
Not much of a review……especially considering the forum your on.
Sell us man, elaborate, quit teasing……j/k.
Looking at one for my next light duty work truck, but I see these and the Santa Cruz as alternatives to the SUV mania.

The Bean

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sold)
Yeah, there are two trim levels: base starts at $20,000 and comes only in FWD with a hybrid power train; the higher trim level comes with the 2.3L EcoBoost and offers AWD.
Theres 3 trim levels; XL (Base) XLT (Mid) and Lariat (Top). You can get any trim with either the standard hybrid (FWD) or the more powerful EcoBoost. The EcoBoost can be hand in FWD or AWD. The hybrid is standard FWD, but if you go with the tow package Ford throws in AWD for the cost of the package. I think this and the Santa Cruz are goning to steal more sales from people who would traditionally buy econoboxes versus SUV’s or crossovers.

Sponsored

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
Thankfully that and the 2022 Frontier weren’t on lots yet. I needed a truck, but didn’t want or need a full size. I was 99% sold on the frontier and ready to order, but needed to at least drive the Ford first. Finally I couldn’t wait any longer and bought a jeep.
The lord gives you what you need, not what you want!

OP
OP
Phil3333

Phil3333

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram2500
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
That’s it?
You were impressed?
Not much of a review……especially considering the forum your on.
Sell us man, elaborate, quit teasing……j/k.
Looking at one for my next light duty work truck, but I see these and the Santa Cruz as alternatives to the SUV mania.
Lol ok, about the size of and old ranger or S10 but much more roomy on the inside looks good drove more like a car than truck reminded me of my brothers Ridgeline, very peppy definitely not for off-road but would make a good commuter car

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, but think about it. What an awesome little cheap car. $25k gets you some toys and a small pickup for the price of a Civic.

They are going to sell a LOT of these things.

OP
OP
Phil3333

Phil3333

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram2500
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Yes, but think about it. What an awesome little cheap car. $25k gets you some toys and a small pickup for the price of a Civic.

They are going to sell a LOT of these things.
Exactly,the units in the $20000-$30000 will sell unbelievable I think the lariat version upper $30s not so much hell we are going to buy one the wife loved it
Sponsored