Sponsored

Test drove a Rubicon in Colorado Springs today.

Charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK CRD
Went down to Perkins Motors and met with Jacques Perreault (very nice guy). He let me take the truck on a 1 hour test drive with me and my little girl by ourselves. She approves of the truck.

I had previously test drove an Overland at Faricy Boys And was underwhelmed with it mainly due to its loosey goosey steering. I will say that this Rubicon was better in that department, still nothing like a Grand Cherokee as far as tightness goes but I wasn’t expecting it to be.

The rubicon was way better than the overland in my opinion, mainly cosmetic wise but it also drove better in my opinion.

One thing I will note is that I was very impressed with the power and torque of the 3.6L pentastar. I was very skeptical going in that it would feel like a dog, but it has plenty of power. I still may want to wait to see the diesel option as that’s what I’m used to already.

Two other notes, plenty of room for a car seat. I’m 6’3” and the drivers seat in the picture below is in a comfortable driving position. My daughter had plenty of room without feeling squished.

The hard top headliner was falling off the top. It seems like a cheap afterthought and I can’t imagine paying whatever the sticker is on that option for the quality of it. I’ll try and attach the video.

Overall, very cool truck. It will probably be the one to replace my high mileage WK when the time comes. But for now I can’t get myself to pull the trigger on a new one, I want to see what the diesel feels like, the market should settle down a bit and I’ll be able to get a better deal closer to home, and it’s always cool to see what new colors arrive in years to come.

On a side note, my dad is a die hard, through and through, Ford guy, and his exact words when I pulled up to his house were, “That’s a bad-ass truck. Jeep does things right.”

1A451717-11A7-4355-9E95-E8349118EC58.jpeg

D762606F-FD3D-46A1-A27B-2E5D711D5ACD.jpeg

D4484EEB-593B-4A2D-90CD-0B226A672B64.jpeg

44AADE16-12DF-4270-8AB8-E00CF7104D78.jpeg
Sponsored

DenverGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ stock, manual, over-sized tires, soft top, half doors
That’s a happy girl. I went to Medved in Castle Rock Sunday to see if their’s was still on the lot. They had it parked out front and unlocked. I got to climb all through it, wanted to go back at lunch today to test drive on their course. I believe it’s been there since Wednesday. Looks same as the one from Perkins.

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
My experience was totally the opposite, the Overland felt better overall including the transmission and steering. The Rubi definitely looks better.

megamucho

First Name
mega
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Durango R/T, '18 BMW R1200GS
I looked at this truck yesterday (Saturday) as well since it's the first silver vehicle I've seen on the ground locally. One of the sales guys came over and in his second sentence informed us that they were asking full sticker on it, and that he wasn't sure whether people were being scared off by that. That pretty much ended the conversation, but I at least got to see silver in person and confirmed that I am correct to order with one of the other Jeep dealers here in town. ;)

@Charlie I agree with you that the 3.6L has enough power for my needs in the Overland test drives which I've had. I have not been able to drive a Rubi yet, so I appreciate your comments about the differences.

Sponsored

Mitten2Mountains

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU
i bet the headliner wasn't applied / installed correctly by the dealership. any luck with Pics / Video of that ?

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I am also in Colorado and would love to see how it does heading up I-70 west towards Grand Junction from Denver.

Is it always searching for the right gear? Does it have enough torque and power to do an overtake uphill?

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
That’s a happy girl. I went to Medved in Castle Rock Sunday to see if their’s was still on the lot. They had it parked out front and unlocked. I got to climb all through it, wanted to go back at lunch today to test drive on their course. I believe it’s been there since Wednesday. Looks same as the one from Perkins.
MEDVED NO _)(&)(&ING WAY:

Found a Rubicon at Medved in Denver, far W side, worked a deal, offered to give them down payment with CC or bank wire . Made appt with my sales guy to pick me up at the AIRPORT as I was flying in from Phoenix.

I arrive. and a guy is standing there with a sign and my name on it. I walk over and say Hello Bill...I am not Bill I am John, Bill is off today...WTH???

We get to Medved and the Sales Manager tells me there is no deal, they don't know anything about it, Bill must have forgotten to tell them.

It was POURING rain, front coming in and it was either get back on the plane IF I could get a taxi this far from Denver, it was a LONG drive from the Airport, they told me not likely to get a taxi to come out. Claimed the Jeep had been sold already but they had not paid and if I was willing to pay full price it was mine. I went ahead and took it, but if I been carrying he would have had the muzzle of a 1911 in his mouth, I knew he was lying. It was exactly what I wanted and I had been looking for some time.

Sponsored

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel

Found a Rubicon at Medved in Denver, far W side, worked a deal, offered to give them down payment with CC or bank wire . Made appt with my sales guy to pick me up at the AIRPORT as I was flying in from Phoenix.

I arrive. and a guy is standing there with a sign and my name on it. I walk over and say Hello Bill...I am not Bill I am John, Bill is off today...WTH???

We get to Medved and the Sales Manager tells me there is no deal, they don't know anything about it, Bill must have forgotten to tell them.

It was POURING rain, front coming in and it was either get back on the plane IF I could get a taxi this far from Denver, it was a LONG drive from the Airport, they told me not likely to get a taxi to come out. Claimed the Jeep had been sold already but they had not paid and if I was willing to pay full price it was mine. I went ahead and took it, but if I been carrying he would have had the muzzle of a 1911 in his mouth, I knew he was lying. It was exactly what I wanted and I had been looking for some time.
some shady shit

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
as a general reminder to everyone, please do not travel to a dealer to purchase a vehicle without a signed purchase order with a VIN and total purchase price in your hands. Otherwise you have no legal standing and it encourages unscrupulous salesmen at dealerships to play games

Dumbo61

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Renegade Trailhawk, 2019 Chevy Bolt

So they weren't going to at least take you back to the airport? What a bunch of sh*theads.

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900

That is a horrible experience. Glad you got your truck but that's some bs right there.
Sponsored