Test Drove Overland

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
The wife and I test drove a white Overland at Fair Oaks in Chantilly VA. Good experience over all with the dealer. They are charging MSRP plus some weird $399 fee. They had two white Overlands, and one black Rubicon on the lot. Neither Overland had the bed load management option and thus were missing the 110 volt outlet in the bed, and storage under the back seat. They were $53,750 plus the $399. I did not look at the Rubi, but it was loaded with everything including the bed cover.

I also drove a Rubicon last week. The Overland felt good and rode fine over bumps and ruts. I like the higher 3.73 gears, and it seemed to drive and accelerate easier on the road. I do not need to tow or do heavy duty offroading so the Overland is perfect for me.

We were out of there in 45 minutes, and only had to show my driver's license for both of us to drive it. They require $2500 to order one.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Casique

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think I'm buying but in November or December. I'm in no hurry and will most likely order. I'll not play reindeer games with the dealers.

lilloco

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Jeep Comanche, 2002 Ford Excursion 7.3, 2008 Jeep WK 3.0crd
Occupation
Card-Player
Yea the cursed $399 admin fee....

Sponsored

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Admin fee? That sounds made up.

OP
OP
Casique

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just another way to steal your money...

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Admin fee? That sounds made up.
becoming more common by the day.
South Florida, ALL of them charge between 799 and 1499.
You'll hear it called multiple things, Admin fee, Doc fee, Dealer Fee, let us stick it to you fee, etc.

Boston Bill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Additional Dealer Mark Ups. I just walk. My dealer didn't have that. That said, they did make me checkoff the box that said the dealer gets any factory incentives. Won't do that the next time. Almost an ADMU. Next time I will walk.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Additional Dealer Mark Ups. I just walk. My dealer didn't have that. That said, they did make me checkoff the box that said the dealer gets any factory incentives. Won't do that the next time. Almost an ADMU. Next time I will walk.
The thread is 3 years old - much - a LOT - has changed since then............ as Lee used to say "the rules have changed". It's a different game. Some dealerships - including Ford, Chevy and other, are charging a premium because of shortages, and now you wait 2 or more months for a new one compared to 3 or 4 weeks when this thread started.

Boston Bill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
I ordered 1st week of November 2021 and it was built at the end of the month. Shipping took another 7 weeks due to driver shortage. And dealers can charge all the premiums they want. Just walk away from them.
Sponsored