Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Chihuahua Wrangler
Howdy All,

I am 95% done with placing my order from Gupton Motors on my 2022 Mojave:) Just waiting for Daniel to post a link so I can place my deposit. So far my experience has been great. Daniel has been very responsive in his replies (within 24 hours). I should be squared away by tomorrow! So my question is, have any of you encountered any problems registering your jeeps after getting back home? I am assuming we need to do all the leg work ourselves, like going to County Tax Office and the local DMV?Any advice or your experiences will be greatly appreciated.

:please:Thank you in advance,
Alex
Sponsored

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Self Employed
Howdy All,

I am 95% done with placing my order from Gupton Motors on my 2022 Mojave:) Just waiting for Daniel to post a link so I can place my deposit. So far my experience has been great. Daniel has been very responsive in his replies (within 24 hours). I should be squared away by tomorrow! So my question is, have any of you encountered any problems registering your jeeps after getting back home? I am assuming we need to do all the leg work ourselves, like going to County Tax Office and the local DMV?Any advice or your experiences will be greatly appreciated.

:please:Thank you in advance,
Alex
I’m excited to see if anyone else has and their experience. Please keep us posted with yours. I’m seriously thinking about upgrading to all the features I wish I would have gotten.

OP
OP
Choice Mojave

Choice Mojave

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Chihuahua Wrangler
I’m excited to see if anyone else has and their experience. Please keep us posted with yours. I’m seriously thinking about upgrading to all the features I wish I would have gotten.
Hi Chris,
Yes, with the savings I am getting I got greedy and started clicking more options. Just sometimes, when things seem too good to be true...... I just didn't want sudden expenses regarding registration and other fees/taxes involved biting me in the rear, especially after my wife told me to keep it simple & stay in the city. :swear: Don't want the dreaded "I told you so". :angry:
Thanks, Alex

sully09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Occupation
Lawyer
I bought mine at the end of October. You pay tax to Texas, not Tennessee. I used a local credit union for financing because their rate was much better than what Gupton could do. This required a little more leg work on the credit union’s part since it was an out of state purchase. So I would say get all that lined up once you are a few weeks out from picking it up/build being done.

I could either roll TTL costs into the loan amount or pay it myself out of pocket. I build it into the loan and then the credit union cut me a check for the costs to go register and title it myself. Whoever you finance it through may do it for you though. They have to be on the title as Lien holder.

The way titling it works is
1) you have to get a state inspection in Texas since it was an out of state purchase. So do that when you get home so you have it ready to go.
2) Gupton has to send the certificate of origin off to the Tennessee tax office before sending to you. You will get it in the mail from Gupton 1-2 weeks after purchase.
3)you or your lender need to go to your local tax assessor and title and register it. This wasn’t complicated, but it needs to be done within 30 days or there is a fee. I did it myself because my lender said it would be faster than them doing it.

While it sounds complicated, it wasn’t that bad. Worth the discount. Sounds like you are on top of things.

Enjoy the Jeep. Once you order, the waiting begins. My wife and I made a trip of it, spending one night in Memphis, one night in Hot Springs, and doing the off road park their for our first Jeep badge of honor on the Snake trail.

OP
OP
Choice Mojave

Choice Mojave

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Chihuahua Wrangler
I bought mine at the end of October. You pay tax to Texas, not Tennessee. I used a local credit union for financing because their rate was much better than what Gupton could do. This required a little more leg work on the credit union’s part since it was an out of state purchase. So I would say get all that lined up once you are a few weeks out from picking it up/build being done.

I could either roll TTL costs into the loan amount or pay it myself out of pocket. I build it into the loan and then the credit union cut me a check for the costs to go register and title it myself. Whoever you finance it through may do it for you though. They have to be on the title as Lien holder.

The way titling it works is
1) you have to get a state inspection in Texas since it was an out of state purchase. So do that when you get home so you have it ready to go.
2) Gupton has to send the certificate of origin off to the Tennessee tax office before sending to you. You will get it in the mail from Gupton 1-2 weeks after purchase.
3)you or your lender need to go to your local tax assessor and title and register it. This wasn’t complicated, but it needs to be done within 30 days or there is a fee. I did it myself because my lender said it would be faster than them doing it.

While it sounds complicated, it wasn’t that bad. Worth the discount. Sounds like you are on top of things.

Enjoy the Jeep. Once you order, the waiting begins. My wife and I made a trip of it, spending one night in Memphis, one night in Hot Springs, and doing the off road park their for our first Jeep badge of honor on the Snake trail.
Thank you Sully :clap: Incredibly thorough & incredibly informative & helpful! Again, Thank You! The lawyer in you shows ;). The process so far has been great after looking out of state! The dealership experience in TX has been 🤬. The difficult part was restraining my greed by getting more options with the savings :facepalm:. Your response took care of all the questions & sure to help other TX Jeepers buying out of state if they ever come across this thread.

Best Wishes for the New Year to you, your family, and friends!
Alex

Sponsored

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Self Employed
Thank you Sully :clap: Incredibly thorough & incredibly informative & helpful! Again, Thank You! The lawyer in you shows ;). The process so far has been great after looking out of state! The dealership experience in TX has been 🤬. The difficult part was restraining my greed by getting more options with the savings :facepalm:. Your response took care of all the questions & sure to help other TX Jeepers buying out of state if they ever come across this thread.

Best Wishes for the New Year to you, your family, and friends!
Alex
Totally agree with Alex, thanks to you both for the information, that makes this process look very easy. Now I have no fear for when I jump on it.

Malachi23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue Pearl Mojave
Sully 09, that is a kick ass post. Thanks!

I ordered mine in late December and have been given an early March expectation date.

OP
OP
Choice Mojave

Choice Mojave

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Chihuahua Wrangler
Sully 09, that is a kick ass post. Thanks!

I ordered mine in late December and have been given an early March expectation date.
So you ordered from Gupton too, correct? I ordered exactly 12/31. JEEP is saying my order will be on Gupton's Lot on 02/23:fingerscrossed:

Jerry C

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara 2022 gladiator on order
Occupation
retired engineer
So you ordered from Gupton too, correct? I ordered exactly 12/31. JEEP is saying my order will be on Gupton's Lot on 02/23:fingerscrossed:
If you buy any vehicle from far off, what do you do for service and warranty?

Sponsored

Jerry C

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara 2022 gladiator on order
Occupation
retired engineer
Local dealers will honor warranty.
I worked for a dealer for 12 years. If a car came in that was bought from another dealership, it was always put to the bottom of the list and then some.

Nitroexpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, '82 Jeep CJ-8,
I worked for a dealer for 12 years. If a car came in that was bought from another dealership, it was always put to the bottom of the list and then some.
I've no doubt this happens, especially when the first question from the service writer asks if you bought the vehicle there. I believe I've been on the receiving end of this. However, I think there are dealerships that also cater to folks that are unhappy with their current dealer and use the service department to lure them in.

Unless a dealers service department is so busy that they don't want any more business, I can't understand the logic. I think ethics dictate that they prioritize based on the order they arrive. It's the "and then some" part of your statement that drives my distaste for all of my dealership experiences. I take that statement as a punitive action against a customer that must come as a policy from some level of management.

I derailed the thread. Sorry. I think I would consider the Gupton purchase route and do like sully09 and make a trip out of it. I certainly haven't found a dealer in Texas (for any brand of vehicle) that I enjoy/want to do business with.

OP
OP
Choice Mojave

Choice Mojave

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Chihuahua Wrangler
If you buy any vehicle from far off, what do you do for service and warranty?
That was never a worry for me. The warranty comes from the Factory, not the Dealer.

OP
OP
Choice Mojave

Choice Mojave

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Chihuahua Wrangler
Yes, I believe I ordered 12/28, so you got a quicker turn around, nice!
That is only a guesstimate at best, I am not holding my breath. Just have to wait and see. I was worried, it may take 4 months or longer.
Sponsored