Texas or Surrounding State best ordering price

TheGrendel

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
When I ordered my JKU, I ordered through Koontz Tyson Jeep. Flew up and drove back. But, now that we have 2 kiddos, I am hoping to stay a little closer.

I see Gupton is recommended. That's probably as far as I will go which is a short plane ride and a 13 hour drive back to Austin.

But, has anyone had success better than Treadlightly in the state?

I need to order quickly as I just saw Gecko is open for a limited time.
Sponsored

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Ray Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V
I tried with all the dealers in Austin, best they said they would do is $2k off sticker.

Funny enough, I placed an order with Gupton and one of the sales reps (nice guy regardless) called back and tried to earn my business and to cancel the Gupton order by trying to beat the price.

Remember $2k was the best they could do before...

I told them I was getting about 8% off invoice and he said he would see what he could do, replied about 10 mins later saying they couldn't beat it.

But that lets us know that the 2k off sticker was not even close to the best they could do if they were willing to entertain competing with Gupton.

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
When I ordered my JKU, I ordered through Koontz Tyson Jeep. Flew up and drove back. But, now that we have 2 kiddos, I am hoping to stay a little closer.

I see Gupton is recommended. That's probably as far as I will go which is a short plane ride and a 13 hour drive back to Austin.

I've had no luck in Louisiana. Emailing Gupton and TriCity when I get to the office. I don't need them to beat either I just need it to be close enough (price or distance) that it makes it worth it.

usnavycdr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys Sport S, 99 WJ
Occupation
Psych RN

Are you trading in a vehicle? If so you should factor in that Texas gives you a sales tax break equal to the value of traded vehicle because you already paid tax on it. Can save $$ vs out of state buy.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Are you trading in a vehicle? If so you should factor in that Texas gives you a sales tax break equal to the value of traded vehicle because you already paid tax on it. Can save $$ vs out of state buy.
Most states will still allow the sales tax break even if the vehicle is bought out of state. I would be surprised if Texas is different on this.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheGrendel

TheGrendel

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
well aware of that. but not trading in a vehicle.

ygrignon

First Name
Yanik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow, Maserati Ghibli, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
I tried with all the dealers in Austin, best they said they would do is $2k off sticker.
Nyle Maxwell said they would honor TreadLightly (1% bellow invoice) so that’s better than $2k.

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
Nyle Maxwell said they would honor TreadLightly (1% bellow invoice) so that’s better than $2k.
I haven't found any dealer that wouldn't honor the FCA affiliate program. If that's all you're looking for go to whatever dealer is closest to you.

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Ray Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V
Their sales rep tried to match Gupton after I told them I was getting a great deal under invoice and all of a sudden my 2k off msrp they offered was going to get much better but still couldn’t touch Gupton.

Just funny how best price was easily going to be much lower as soon as they knew someone else with a VERY good deal was in the mix.

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
Their sales rep tried to match Gupton after I told them I was getting a great deal under invoice and all of a sudden my 2k off msrp they offered was going to get much better but still couldn’t touch Gupton.

Just funny how best price was easily going to be much lower as soon as they knew someone else with a VERY good deal was in the mix.
I've been trying to buy a JT for 3 years now.
Everyone's always "giving you a great deal" at 1% under invoice. Just like you have to come in to discuss your build and what your price would be. This time I told them out the gate what Gupton and TriCity had already offered, local dealerships didn't even give me a price just said they can't compete and I should buy from one of those two. So I did.
Sponsored