Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
30ish MPG purely 100% highway at 55 MPH with little to no hills is probably about right. Notice how they lost 57% of that fuel efficiency with only a 7,000 lb. trailer. Compare that to my Gladiator with the Pentastar which only lost 31% of its efficiency with a 6,300 lb. trailer. This matches my prior experience with diesel Jeeps which is that they do pretty good when unladen, but once you work them they start dropping MPGs like flies.

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S
Just came here to post that. 40 MPG is pretty crazy.
Agreed. But that is so far from the norm that I agree with them that they need to retest.

30ish MPG purely 100% highway at 55 MPH with little to no hills is probably about right. Notice how they lost 57% of that fuel efficiency with only a 7,000 lb. trailer. Compare that to my Gladiator with the Pentastar which only lost 31% of its efficiency with a 6,300 lb. trailer. This matches my prior experience with diesel Jeeps which is that they do pretty good when unladen, but once you work them they start dropping MPGs like flies.
Just a couple things. They were driving 70mph. But, I know the course they're driving (I live in the area) and it's relatively flat.

The towing mpg is still better than the Ford they tested.

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
It still will do better MPG wise then the Pentastar and do it with more ease. The gauntlet test will the interesting one to compare the Pentastar and the Diesel

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
So... it's November now, and still no 3.0L choice on the Ram online build tool. :scratcheshead: