First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
I will soon be ordering a JT and have narrowed down the color/model/options I want. Except the "Adaptive Cruise Control/Forward Collision Warning+", I want this option (I think) but not the BIG box behind the rearview mirror.

Guess I will go to my local dealer and sit in a JL that has this option, maybe it will be visually adequate or unnoticeable.
Sponsored

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
I really don't notice it at all...

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
I really wanted the ACC as well but the box was a deal killer for me, but I am a bit tall. I even flipped the review mirror upside down to buy myself just over an inch of site line...

IMG_8323.JPG

capercrew02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep WJ, BMW i3, Red JTR.
I faced the same conundrum, BUT I also already had a car with ACC. when it came down to ordering, after sitting in several with and without the option, I figured the daily convenience for my highway commute outweighed any potential loss of vision when Offroad. On road it makes ZERO difference for your field of view. Now that i've had my JT, I absolutely would not order one without it. The jeep system is even more smooth with ACC than my wife BMW, and it an awesome addition to highway comfort. One other aspect that I didn't even consider was the value of the blindspot detection. Every car i've had before this was a non-issue feature, but in the jeep, the mirrors just aren't adequate to have good view, and still eliminate a bloodspot. the trucks too long for the width of the mirror. I appreciate the warning light, and the ability to have illumination only without audible if desired. Get the feature so you don't regret your purchase wishing you could relax in traffic.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I will soon be ordering a JT and have narrowed down the color/model/options I want. Except the "Adaptive Cruise Control/Forward Collision Warning+", I want this option (I think) but not the BIG box behind the rearview mirror.

Guess I will go to my local dealer and sit in a JL that has this option, maybe it will be visually adequate or unnoticeable.
It sits right behind the mirror at the top of the windshield. You don't notice it unless you are looking for it. I did a 800 mile trip within two weeks of getting my Overland. The Adaptive Cruise Control is great to have, and works really well. After having driven with it, I would never buy another vehicle without it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mazeppa

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
May not encounter the problem that Godfadr did since I am of medium height, but I need to look at the box behind the mirror while actually sitting in a Jeep. The total price keeps adding up as options are added to a order, but after ownership I could regret skipping a $795 MSRP option that can't be added on later. After reading the replies in this thread I am being swayed toward adding this option .

smess

It is the one option I did not want when I ordered the LE, my fiend has it in his Caddy and he says he can't live without it. He can drive down the Road and text and never has to worry about the guy in front of him stopping short. OMG!!

I am selling my LE and building a real Jeep lol.

Sponsored

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
True...I just did a windshield (without ACC) and it would have been $575 more.
Does no one have glass coverage on their insurance? I’m confused, this is like the cheapest part of auto insurance on my policy

grindhouseknives

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I thought the box would obstruct my view as well, I’m 6’2, but I haven’t really noticed it. I was on the fence about the option but it comes standard on the LE. I haven’t used the ACC part of it but I did have it give me the collision warning sound earlier today when I got too close to a car turning right in front of me.

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Does no one have glass coverage on their insurance? I’m confused, this is like the cheapest part of auto insurance on my policy
Sure. The question is: how often do you want to use it? On my JK, a new windshield is only $200. I don’t carry glass for it because it’s not worth dinging my insurance with a claim over that amount.

Jeeps get broken windshields. Some people seem to get a lot of them. But everyone will get some, especially if you’re actually going interesting places.

So let’s say you’re lucky-ish and you get one broken windshield on your Gladiator every two years. Are you going to file on your insurance every time? I know people say “glass claims won’t affect your rates,” but I promise that they’ll notice if they have to keep buying you $900 windshields.

Do it enough and rates will go up. At least, without the Big Box, it’s not too painful to just pay out of pocket.

I’m not saying it’s reason enough to not get the BB, but it’s something to consider.

Pion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator LE, '17 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Principal
I'm 6'4" and the box doesn't bother me. I know for sure the lack of ACC and forward collision would be a bigger annoyance than a few square inches in the upper portion of the windshield. I can't think of a time where I couldn't see something and thought "were it not for that box, I would have been able to see X." My other two vehicles have ACC also, so maybe I'm just used to it.
Sponsored