First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
F-35 Weapons Instructor
Before I started this thread I did a lot of searching but never came to a conclusion on fixes. So I recently installed a Tera Flex 1.5" leveling kit, a set of Longer Mopar LCAs and 35" Nexen Roadian MTXs tires. I did all this at the same time but before I did this the Jeep tracked straight and true, but now I have to keep left pressure on the steering wheel to keep it straight. For reference I hooked up my JScan and reviewed the live data while driving and to keep it straight the steering is at 7degrees to the left! I have also had the Steering TSB done with a new gearbox, which made no change in correcting the pull. Has anyone corrected this pull in the steering? If so what do you think fixed it. I was considering adding an adjustable trackbar to see if that would correct the issue, but I don't want to throw money at it just for nothing!
Sponsored

OP
OP
ospreyfe55

ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
F-35 Weapons Instructor

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Yes it still has the factory trackbar.
Just saw I missed that in your post. The track bar or you didnt properly adjust your steering wheel is the most likely culprit. MT seem to have a way of exposing issues in drivetrains on these trucks.

OP
OP
ospreyfe55

ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
F-35 Weapons Instructor
Just saw I missed that in your post. The track bar or you didnt properly adjust your steering wheel is the most likely culprit. MT seem to have a way of exposing issues in drivetrains on these trucks.
I did adjust the drag link to recent ER the steering wheel. If I don’t keep pressure on the steering the jeep will track to the right pretty quickly. Seems I’m not the only one that has this issue!

Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
MTs seem to have more issues with this, for whatever reason. Or maybe just that people who lift tend to have higher use of MTs.

If the only thing you did was lift it and extend the control arms you either need an alignment or adjustable track bar... or both. You just changed a lot of the geometry. Not huge changes, but changes.

You shifted your axle to one side by not having an adjustable track bar, you rotated your axle some by lifting, and brought it back a little via the LCA. Your angles and axle position have changed, and you can't bring the axle back to under the truck without a track bar.

That you started pulling a bit after this is not too surprising. Start by re-centering your axle with a track bar.

Pescado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
So I have the pull to the right also. I have a 2.5" teffaflex lift with 35's. I rotated the tires and that didnt help so after reading up on this I think I am going to give new lower control arms a try. I'm stopping by the local shop today to talk to them about it. The pull to the right is super annoying!

Sponsored

Pescado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Its not my tires. I swapped them left to right and that did nothing.

I've heard both track bars and/or LCA's could help....everybody seems to have an opinion. This is my first truck with a SFA so I'm definitely no expert

OP
OP
ospreyfe55

ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
F-35 Weapons Instructor
Its not my tires. I swapped them left to right and that did nothing.

I've heard both track bars and/or LCA's could help....everybody seems to have an opinion. This is my first truck with a SFA so I'm definitely no expert
Keep me posted on what you find out. I am going to rotate my tires in a few weeks and see if that makes a difference. I am still on the fence if I want to order a trackbar from Metal Cloak. I just got my Gladiator back from the dealer tonight so I will take a few measurements tomorrow to see how bad my axle shifted after I installed the leveling pucks.

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
I’ve had the same issue since day one in a stock height Mojave on AT’s dealer said it had a slight pull and nothing could be done about it.

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Keep me posted on what you find out. I am going to rotate my tires in a few weeks and see if that makes a difference. I am still on the fence if I want to order a trackbar from Metal Cloak. I just got my Gladiator back from the dealer tonight so I will take a few measurements tomorrow to see how bad my axle shifted after I installed the leveling pucks.
FWIW I had a Left pull after putting on 35s. (Mopar lift w/ track bars). I had the lift and 33s for a month or so and didn't notice any pull. Once I went to 35's it started. Had the truck re-aligned and rechecked the balance on the tires. Eventually we tried rotating the tires and the pull went away.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Lower control arms would only change caster - and change it evenly. If the caster is equal both sides longer lower arms will increase it by xx and it will still be equal. If the caster is different, say one side is, say, 5.0 and the other is 4.75 = making a difference of 1/4 degree than when lower arms are installed there will still be 1/4 degree difference, the total for each side will just be higher. It won't change pull because it simply adds the same amount to each side.

Question - is this pull on roads that are totally flat with no road crown and no "tilt" to them?

Here, almost every road has crown for drainage and to force water to run off when snow and ice thaw so it won't refreeze on the road. Very few places where roads are flat or not crowned here.
Mine has a slight right "pull" and I noticed when I'm in the left lane, it's the other way, and when the road is flat - it goes straight.
Sponsored