Sponsored

The GCM-JTLE-OMC... Granite Crystal Metallic- JT Launch Edition- Original Motor Club

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
Hey... all survivors of the GCM JTLE saga who want to keep in touch... after all we are a small exclusive subset (GCM’ers) of an already small, exclusive, Family, (JTLE’ers)... and as most of us won’t be “tracking” our JTLEs anymore on the infamous “First Granite Crystal VIN# Post here!” thread... I’m starting a new thread to keep in touch!

The GCM-JTLE-OMC...

Granite Crystal Metallic-
JT Launch Edition-
Original Motor Club

I figure we can all post Pics, (whenever mine finally shows up!), Builds, Mods, our continuing GCMJTLE adventure sagas, and who knows... maybe even “meetups” eventually!

(Let each other know who’s gonna be at “Jeep Jamboree”, “JL/JT X”, “Moab Easter Safari”, “Ultimate Adventure”, or “Overland East or West”!)

Since we’ve all been in the trenches, trying to escape our detention in “Stalag LE”... I reckon we’re sort of brothers and sisters in arms! Scarred, and battle-weary as we may be... I’ve kinda grown a little fond of y’all... so meet me round the corner in the General Discussions, GCM-JTLE-OMC thread... post your pics of your GCM babies, before, after, during, their builds... and any other sarcastic opening comments... and who knows... maybe a few years from now it’ll become an actual MotorClub! ❤ :turkey:;{

E52E1D32-A64C-4607-88E1-1846998184CF.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Hey... all survivors of the GCM JTLE saga who want to keep in touch... after all we are a small exclusive subset (GCM’ers) of an already small, exclusive, Family, (JTLE’ers)... and as most of us won’t be “tracking” our JTLEs anymore on the infamous “First Granite Crystal VIN# Post here!” thread... I’m starting a new thread to keep in touch!

The GCM-JTLE-OMC... Granite Crystal Metallic-

JT Launch Edition-

Original Motor Club

I figure we can all post Pics, (whenever mine finally shows up!), Builds, Mods, our continuing GCMJTLE adventure sagas, and who knows... maybe even “meetups” eventually!

(Let each other know who’s gonna be at “Jeep Jamboree”, “JL/JT X”, “Moab Easter Safari”, “Ultimate Adventure”, or “Overland East or West”!)

Since we’ve all been in the trenches, trying to escape our detention in “Stalag LE”... I reckon we’re sort brothers and sisters in arms! Scarred, and battle-weary as we may be... I’ve kinda grown a little fond of y’all... so meet me round the corner in the GCM-JTLE-OMC thread... post your pics of your GCM babies, before, after, during, their builds... and any other sarcastic opening comments... and who knows... maybe a few years from now it’ll become an actual MotorClub! ❤ :turkey:;{
"we're soooo exclusive..."
elitist... :LOL:

OP
OP
WildJD

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation

jctnt1

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE granite crystal, 2019 GC trail hawk, 2016 Ram 2500 6.4, 2008 Liberty, 2005 TJU
Vehicle Showcase
i’m here.
I’m trying to get a new phrase going; @GladLife
speaks for itself.
Haven’t put too many miles on mine (ours, wife’s) yet.

9A6563F4-EEA1-4AC6-A968-CD62D6A6262F.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
WildJD

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
OP
OP
WildJD

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
i’m here.
I’m trying to get a new phrase going; @GladLife
speaks for itself.
Haven’t put too many miles on mine (ours, wife’s) yet.

9A6563F4-EEA1-4AC6-A968-CD62D6A6262F.jpeg
Butter her up, so she’ll let you put some miles on it! @GladLife lol! ;{

OP
OP
WildJD

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Prospective member reporting. I pick mine up on Monday after ordering exactly 6 months ago today.
Congrats! (So yours is delivered and waiting?) 6 months to the day! (Gotta be some Karmic relevance to THAT!) lol!
I’m still waiting final delivery to dealer... in “Next stop... Willowby” twilight zone limbo! So, I may (will probably) surpass the “6 Month” threshold! Oh well... I’ve waited this long... what’s another couple ions? ;{

Sponsored

Spyder

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, 2020 JT Granite Chrystal Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Well I named mine "Decimus" She was well worth the wait!
So far I have a 2" Mopar lift, Stubby antenna, Jeep Mud Mats, Door Sill guards, Dead Pedal.
Still deciding on: A winch (any thoughts on this) looking at Smittybilt or Warn (wow the price), A soft top option, lights.
Haven't decided if i will do yet: Cold Air Intake (thoughts on this anyone), going to 35's probably wait on a little more wear on current tires

Decimus small pic.jpg

OP
OP
WildJD

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Well I named mine "Decimus" She was well worth the wait!
So far I have a 2" Mopar lift, Stubby antenna, Jeep Mud Mats, Door Sill guards, Dead Pedal.
Still deciding on: A winch (any thoughts on this) looking at Smittybilt or Warn (wow the price), A soft top option, lights.
Haven't decided if i will do yet: Cold Air Intake (thoughts on this anyone), going to 35's probably wait on a little more wear on current tires

Decimus small pic.jpg
Welcome Decimus! (Thank god she didn’t take 10 months to get here!)
I know a lot of folks who got less expensive winches... and kept ‘em for years! Even bought the same ones again! As for CAI... depends on what you want it for. If you’re looking for a beefier sound, that makes you FEEL like the engine is more powerful... fine! But dyno tests have repeatedly shown, generally, the factory intake provides the optimum HP! (Probably due to digital tuning.) Most aftermarket CAIs actually diminish HP (compared to the OE intake), but, can’t deny, some of them do sound good! However, the claims CAI manufacturers make about increasing HP, have been busted by multiple real world dyno tests.;{

Last edited:

Spyder

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, 2020 JT Granite Chrystal Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome Decimus! (Thank god she didn’t take 10 months to get here!)
I know a lot of folks who got less expensive winches... and kept ‘em for years! Even bought the same ones again! As for CAI... depends on what you want it for. If you’re looking for a beefier sound, that makes you FEEL like the engine is more powerful... fine! But dyno tests have repeatedly shown, generally, the factory intake provides the optimum HP! (Probably due to digital tuning.) Most aftermarket CAIs actually diminish HP (compared to the OE intake), but, can’t deny, some of them do sound good! However, the claims CAI manufacturers make about increasing HP, have been busted by multiple real world dyno tests.;{
Yes that is what i have heard also about CAI. well that made my decision, Thank you!
With the winch i have looked at lower cost ones and some just don't look good and the fact that they are taller and i would like one with a synthetic line for lower weight and lower profile. I think i will be going with this one: https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/smitt...nch-with-synthetic-cable-98612/_/R-DSBP-98612

OP
OP
WildJD

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation