First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Pool cleaning service
Wanted one since the cj7 was too long. 5 was the one for me. 2020 the dream came true. Gladiator looks so cool, Blue i like alot so many compliments. All factory, all options, so much to like. Leather feels like racing seats, Shock package feels like...you dont feel nothing. Works well. Links before leaves what i always say. Ford says it, Toyota gonna say it. Not saying i feel the difference. Yet. Fabtech 2.5 inch with springs and links in box on garage floor. Just fun to drive. Responsive. handles road well. Kick ass stereo w base banging behind the seat Yea im over 50. I like the old school base, windows up, crosby stills nash wooden ships, or crank up the 10cc Before i begin with the following dis like let me say if only i had another vehicle, id still like my jeep i kmow i would So i do have a Fabtech full spring and link kit 2.5 for sale, shock extenders maintain ride, was over 2k with tax local delivery free $1500.00 still in box but coils and links powder coated Hydro Blue so yea so if you blue. I dont like my jeep anymore, crazy so expensive to have to pump up the seat. WTF. No i didnt test drive before ordering. Iv never driven a jeep. Wanted a CJ 5 since 75. Always drove pick ups jacked up ltzs Saw Gladiator i knew i would love no matter what. Cant believe $60k so much tech advance in system behind dash showing system info and monitors options redundency crqazy amount of wiring put some in the damn seats, im pulling a strap to lean back, reaching to floor to adjust seat. Dont like at all over 70 mph in traffic turning high speed freeway transition. No i was wrong, freeway speed you need to pay attention aint no silverado, jeep wanders, gives no quarter, just feels like slightest error at speeds would quickly be bad. will try to be brief with remaing, I like jeep in windshied, geico doesnot im on 4th new , they do not chip, every chip is soon cracked top to bottom or side to side. Nobody can like freeway driving with top and doors off. every damn thing you own will blow out, if not stored proper. so better not own much, cause cant store much. not talking just little stuff. A jacket, gym bag, maybe a purse, hell it will blow your dog out. You will blow your speakers trying to hear them with top off even going slow. Need radio with headset sysyem to hear a passenger. who the hell would enjoy driving around with all this wind blowing. I must have been out of my mind all these years thinking i would like that. Oh yea thought a bimini top would make difference, cant go over 30 mph with out flapping. Damn wind noise even when tops on.What else, little cracks and creavises dirt gets in impossible to keepclean, mold body fenders to body envelope taillights into body. loose fake hood scoop and holes in frame. Seal shit up ya know its 2020 i rarely 4x4 but if was easier to clean i might more Rear posi only in 4x4 low ? please tell me im wrong. posted a story about auto park. my legs cramp at night. my girlfriend bitches cause i got no money sometimes. i dont like having 25000 miles in one year. Such a cool pool cleaning truck tho. Cj 5 s are way too short. I think im feeling some syptoms of oldness. Im tired think im done for now. Update So i started this couple days and since weeve talked a little spent some quality time not just work driving buy a little off road, washed her.I think were gonna try to work things out. Few changes some counseling maybe well see. Many thanks to the host of this post, i feel better having the oportinity to talk about this stuff. Usually i keep to mysef. That and my trucks or my dogs love the rots, have cost me many relationships over the years, mabey this can be the one, Thank you and gladnight
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I dont like my jeep anymore, crazy so expensive to have to pump up the seat. WTF. No i didnt test drive before ordering. Iv never driven a jeep. Wanted a CJ 5 since 75. Always drove pick ups jacked up ltzs Saw Gladiator i knew i would love no matter what. Cant believe $60k so much tech advance in system behind dash showing system info and monitors options redundency crqazy amount of wiring put some in the damn seats, im pulling a strap to lean back, reaching to floor to adjust seat. Dont like at all over 70 mph in traffic turning high speed freeway transition. No i was wrong, freeway speed you need to pay attention aint no silverado, jeep wanders, gives no quarter, just feels like slightest error at speeds would quickly be bad.
LOL - guess you missed the reasons and purpose for JEEPS like this -
No power to the seats because it's made to ford water 30" deep. Electric motors are bad in water and mud. It's made so you can pressure wash it out if needed and pull plugs out of the floor to drain the water. Pulling a strap is too hard? you want a motor that will rust and short when wet? These are made to survive roof off on a full day of rain. I've worked on power windows and power seats and I could show pictures of some of the motors and cables - I took pictures before I tossed 'em in the trash.
I've had mine up to 95. I was driving 85+ in 70-80 mph winds a year ago. I've driven in mountains and through NE and KS plains with all of their winds, stable, not scary. But if you lifted it and just threw parts at it, then instability is on you, not Jeep.
Mine is a daily driver. It's great on the highway, great in town. It's stable and safe (although traction control is wimpy compared to Chevy)
I've towed with mine and it does fine. It's not as heavy and stable as a full-sized truck with a larger wheelbase but it does fine. It's a mid-size truck, not an F350.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
With my Max tow springs I can corner like a race car, but have to contain my speed I'm bumpy roads, otherwise my stuff in the bed gets tossed around.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
With my Max tow springs I can corner like a race car, but have to contain my speed I'm bumpy roads, otherwise my stuff in the bed gets tossed around.
Yup - the max tow springs make the truck shake a lot more on RR tracks than my stock springs did. In fact the stock springs were like riding on air over our railroad tracks and pavement buckled by the heat (summer heat, winter makes big holes that make you think you broke a wheel)

OP
OP
AstroZombie

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
Wanted one since the cj7 was too long. 5 was the one for me. 2020 the dream came true. Gladiator looks so cool, Blue i like alot so many compliments. All factory, all options, so much to like. Leather feels like racing seats, Shock package feels like...you dont feel nothing. Works well. Links before leaves what i always say. Ford says it, Toyota gonna say it. Not saying i feel the difference. Yet. Fabtech 2.5 inch with springs and links in box on garage floor. Just fun to drive. Responsive. handles road well. Kick ass stereo w base banging behind the seat Yea im over 50. I like the old school base, windows up, crosby stills nash wooden ships, or crank up the 10cc Before i begin with the following dis like let me say if only i had another vehicle, id still like my jeep i kmow i would So i do have a Fabtech full spring and link kit 2.5 for sale, shock extenders maintain ride, was over 2k with tax local delivery free $1500.00 still in box but coils and links powder coated Hydro Blue so yea so if you blue. I dont like my jeep anymore, crazy so expensive to have to pump up the seat. WTF. No i didnt test drive before ordering. Iv never driven a jeep. Wanted a CJ 5 since 75. Always drove pick ups jacked up ltzs Saw Gladiator i knew i would love no matter what. Cant believe $60k so much tech advance in system behind dash showing system info and monitors options redundency crqazy amount of wiring put some in the damn seats, im pulling a strap to lean back, reaching to floor to adjust seat. Dont like at all over 70 mph in traffic turning high speed freeway transition. No i was wrong, freeway speed you need to pay attention aint no silverado, jeep wanders, gives no quarter, just feels like slightest error at speeds would quickly be bad. will try to be brief with remaing, I like jeep in windshied, geico doesnot im on 4th new , they do not chip, every chip is soon cracked top to bottom or side to side. Nobody can like freeway driving with top and doors off. every damn thing you own will blow out, if not stored proper. so better not own much, cause cant store much. not talking just little stuff. A jacket, gym bag, maybe a purse, hell it will blow your dog out. You will blow your speakers trying to hear them with top off even going slow. Need radio with headset sysyem to hear a passenger. who the hell would enjoy driving around with all this wind blowing. I must have been out of my mind all these years thinking i would like that. Oh yea thought a bimini top would make difference, cant go over 30 mph with out flapping. Damn wind noise even when tops on.What else, little cracks and creavises dirt gets in impossible to keepclean, mold body fenders to body envelope taillights into body. loose fake hood scoop and holes in frame. Seal shit up ya know its 2020 i rarely 4x4 but if was easier to clean i might more Rear posi only in 4x4 low ? please tell me im wrong. posted a story about auto park. my legs cramp at night. my girlfriend bitches cause i got no money sometimes. i dont like having 25000 miles in one year. Such a cool pool cleaning truck tho. Cj 5 s are way too short. I think im feeling some syptoms of oldness. Im tired think im done for now. Update So i started this couple days and since weeve talked a little spent some quality time not just work driving buy a little off road, washed her.I think were gonna try to work things out. Few changes some counseling maybe well see. Many thanks to the host of this post, i feel better having the oportinity to talk about this stuff. Usually i keep to mysef. That and my trucks or my dogs love the rots, have cost me many relationships over the years, mabey this can be the one, Thank you and gladnight
HAHA Still a great post. The wind noise helps my tinnitus and you can't hear the kids complain in the back. My insurance has glass coverage so i pay $50 and i get a new windshield and i can ask for the OE and get the little jeep back. Yes the stereo is boomin!

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Yup - the max tow springs make the truck shake a lot more on RR tracks than my stock springs did. In fact the stock springs were like riding on air over our railroad tracks and pavement buckled by the heat (summer heat, winter makes big holes that make you think you broke a wheel)
Adding steel bumpers helps the Jeep feel more planted over those nuisance areas.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Adding steel bumpers helps the Jeep feel more planted over those nuisance areas.
That's a secondary reason I'd go with a steel rear bumper.
I'm sure the mix of Rubicon Fox shocks on the rear with the max tow springs in the rear aren't helping things, though.
Still, for a light truck, it ain't horrible - just make sure you pee before you leave home and hit those tracks....

OP
OP
AstroZombie

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
That's a secondary reason I'd go with a steel rear bumper.
I'm sure the mix of Rubicon Fox shocks on the rear with the max tow springs in the rear aren't helping things, though.
Still, for a light truck, it ain't horrible - just make sure you pee before you leave home and hit those tracks....
took mine out this weekend and the suspension was like butter. Especially when i compare it to the 04 taco prerunner i have.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
took mine out this weekend and the suspension was like butter. Especially when i compare it to the 04 taco prerunner i have.
Rubicon has to be to handle the off-road elements it is specifically aimed at.
The max tow springs are for payload and towing - progressive, don't compress or expand as much or as readily as Rubicon (or Mojave)

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Self Employed
Rubicon has to be to handle the off-road elements it is specifically aimed at.
The max tow springs are for payload and towing - progressive, don't compress or expand as much or as readily as Rubicon (or Mojave)
With about 300 lbs in the bed, it feels lovely. Floats like the Mojave springs.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
With about 300 lbs in the bed, it feels lovely. Floats like the Mojave springs.
Now I wonder why would it be that your JT rides like a Mojave?

My wife suggested steel bumper to hold up better if we get rear-ended. I reminded her of the fact I had replaced the front bumper with a steel bumper and she said "why don't you do the back bumper, too?"

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver
My wife suggested steel bumper to hold up better if we get rear-ended. I reminded her of the fact I had replaced the front bumper with a steel bumper and she said "why don't you do the back bumper, too?"
We added those after an accident in the front and rear.

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Self Employed
Now I wonder why would it be that your JT rides like a Mojave?

I do have max tow springs in the back

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I do have max tow springs in the back
I missed that part.........
I bet you had to add spacers as the max tow springs are a lot shorter.
When I put the max tow springs under my Overland, I had to try hard to get the Overland springs out, the max tow springs slipped right in. I laid them side by side before putting the max tow springs in - a lot less length. The truck sat just a tiny bit lower in the back with the max tow springs. They are shorter by a lot but don't compress as much with the truck weight on them.