Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tinker Extraordinaire
Hey there.

I purchased my Gladiator a few days after Thanksgiving in 2020. Not an approved purchase by the wife. Regardless, I have tripped over my childhood memories of Jeepin through the Sierras in old flatfenders and this truck already tugs at the heartstrings.

Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR 4371FD60-DB4E-4BB8-B4ED-BD4CD033DD2F

Originally wanted a diesel but just couldn’t wait. Ended up with a 2021 Rubicon w/ bed liner. I now wish I would have just ordered what I wanted sat out the few months waiting. Oh well. Next one will be a diesel.

I have already installed the bed rail system, BAMF front bumper w/ Baja Design SAE Foglamps and 35’s. I plan on a few more modifications.
Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR C6207FEC-D125-4FE5-9F05-38EBD0380598

Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR ABFD563C-B41E-446B-9741-CB945B76A070

Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR 5C419DF4-0B31-43B8-AC18-96A675CF64EE

Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR E50E6D8C-02CE-4945-BA24-45E1D1A60134

this last pic has my “play” truck as well.

One question; I am looking for a solid tonneau cover and can’t make up my mind. I need it for security. Anyone have any recommendations?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Anderson

Anderson

First Name
Anderson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tinker Extraordinaire
I also started doing some youboob videos on it.

OP
OP
Anderson

Anderson

First Name
Anderson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tinker Extraordinaire
Yesterday I installed the Tazer JL Mini programmer on my Gladiator. I figured I would highlight some things I found interesting.

• The physical install is blinding simple. Removing the kick panel on the under dash is easy, as all you do is pull on the panel with your hands. No specialty tools needed.

• Definitely purchase the extension cable as it helps the reinstall still be a simplistic task. I used Velcro to attach mine in the under dash so as to not hear any rattling noises.

• READ ONLINE INSTRUCTIONS FIRST! Before you marry the programmer, make sure you fully understand the navigation as well as the marry/unmarry/reboot sequences.

• The “corrected” features include dimming the license plate lights when in reverse, so as to not over expose the back up camera, auto start/stop feature permanent correction(meaning if you want it off, push the button and it will stay off period).

• Live features remain functional as long as the programmer stays plugged in. I chose to modify a few light features that benefit me as well as the hood proximity sensor for safety reasons.

10/10 would do again.

I’ve got another dealer service coming up in about 3 weeks. I’ll update how the unmarry/remarry process works out.

OP
OP
Anderson

Anderson

First Name
Anderson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tinker Extraordinaire
Forgot to mention that I put some 315/70R 17 Goodyear Duratracs on it last month.
Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR 7D7164FD-0216-43FE-80E7-8944D602DB12
Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR 1371BDA5-2B31-4223-BDA7-6C6F2D0C50D1
Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR 5FACBCB9-8A0B-4CFA-9E68-AFACAA79A61C

Sponsored

FitfulGoat

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Operations Leadership
Same question. Like the location!

OP
OP
Anderson

Anderson

First Name
Anderson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tinker Extraordinaire

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
If you flip the mirror, like us tall people do, can it still see behind the vehicle.

OP
OP
Anderson

Anderson

First Name
Anderson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tinker Extraordinaire
If you flip the mirror, like us tall people do, can it still see behind the vehicle.
The pictured camera unit is only facing forward. I have a secondary that is mounted behind the soundbar that keeps an eye on the rear of the truck.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Anderson

Anderson

First Name
Anderson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tinker Extraordinaire
Gave up on the hunt for a tonneau cover. Just went ahead and pulled the trigger on a Mopar unit through a dealership in Dublin. They price matched the Mopardiscountparts.com price. Still ended up being a grand(just shy of due to tax). I plan on designing my own later on. I need something ASAP. I figure I’ll post my thoughts on it here after install and use.

OP
OP
Anderson

Anderson

First Name
Anderson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tinker Extraordinaire
This one doesn’t have a whole ton of information, more just anecdotal observations.

I couldn’t make up my mind on a tonneau cover. So I did what I do best, I purchased a factory unit to ensure some kind of inherent reliability and intended design.

The factory tri-fold is pretty simple in design. But, where it really shines is in its aesthetic. It’s super sleek with its minimalistic deck height. It’s almost completely flush with the factory plastic bed rails. It’s security relies upon the factory locking tailgate. No way in unless the tailgate is lowered.

I got the dealership to match an online price form discount Mopar parts. It also helped that it was the dealership that I purchased the truck from. That was helpful, as the retail is $1000.00. I saved $125 but almost paid that much in tax.

I had a hell of a time doing the install do to a key missing pair of rivnuts. En lieu I sourced some stainless fasteners from a local Lowes. It took me wayyyy too long to make my “workaround” functional. Those rivnuts are key. I should have waited toinstall it after those puppies arrive. But, I was impatient and installed it across thestreet from the dealership.

Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR BB6535CB-89D4-49CA-9C6D-7356F3ECCF8A

I unloaded my tool box that morning and I couldn’t get back to work until I got that tonneau installed. It took me about 3 hours to install. I have the rivnuts on order. When those get here, I’ll uninstall my temporary fasteners and get those rivnuts in there.

What a saga! So far Mopar has been hit and miss with these factory accessories. We shall see when the window visors arrive.

OP
OP
Anderson

Anderson

First Name
Anderson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tinker Extraordinaire
Being the doofus that I am, I totally forgot to actually take a “finished product” photo.

here it is:

Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR 90740C99-2E1E-4BF9-8E5D-A0F5F0048577

OP
OP
Anderson

Anderson

First Name
Anderson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tinker Extraordinaire
Follow up on the DashCam install.

Having the same issues I did with my Tacoma install. That damn adhesive doesn’t work very well. I’ll take pics when I get a chance, but all I did to remedy the situation was to drill a few holes and bolt the mount into place. What a pain.

OP
OP
Anderson

Anderson

First Name
Anderson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tinker Extraordinaire
Pics of said dash cam install “fix”.

Removing the rear view mirror is simple, turn counter clockwise and it will release the cam.
Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR 584D66D7-D046-4611-9491-9AE1FF56C0FE

Then, you’ll want to unclip the harness from the mirror assembly.

I simply drilled a hole and used a screw to mount the dash cam mount to the plastic surround trim.

Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR 3A3AD35E-0B11-4296-B569-81E56DF51C6B

Use a shallow depth screw ofcourse

Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR 4D92A3C7-7B8F-4E58-AC91-BE0A1551EFC4

Fiddle with the wire placement a bit.

Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR 67E052DA-DE3C-4A5C-B123-7B2485CF6AE5

Remember, to install, you need to slot the cam in place and turn clockwise to seat it.

Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR 287E2CE0-8B0F-4742-97C7-ACEB0DF28C1F

Super simple fix. Took me 6 minutes.
Sponsored