First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Sheet Metal Local 88
Need some input from those who have had this issue, somewhere between Denver and Frisco our passenger rear decided to go, noticed it when we stopped, dealer we called in Grand Junction had no appointments until next week, how far have you all gone with this issue? We have 700 more miles to go.....

(Yes, I've looked on the threads, lots of opinions to dig though lol) just need some personal experience input.
Jeep Gladiator The leaking axle seal 20220516_172902

20220516_172904.jpg

20220516_172904.jpg
Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Take the drain plug off. Does it drip out of the drain hole. Or does your finger touch fluid? I drove mine waiting on parts for probably a month/1200 miles or so, it never was low. I checked it every other day.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Take the drain plug off. Does it drip out of the drain hole. Or does your finger touch fluid? I drove lien waiting on parts for probably a month/1200 miles or so, it never was low. I checked it every other day.

Yeah, what he said - except he's not meaning drain plug - drain is on the bottom.
That looks like it's on the heavier side of some.
If you can pull the fill/check plug, and reach it with your pinky finger, it's ok.
If you can't reach it, add.
No need to take it clear up to the hole.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, what he said - except he's not meaning drain plug - drain is on the bottom.
That looks like it's on the heavier side of some.
If you can pull the fill/check plug, and reach it with your pinky finger, it's ok.
If you can't reach it, add.
No need to take it clear up to the hole.
Yes, sorry, meant the filler! Definitely not the drain plug 🤣

OP
OP
NVBM65

NVBM65

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Sheet Metal Local 88
Lol, I got that 👍, was planning on stopping by the next part store and picking some up, in a roadside blm spot for the night, had to park the trailer backwards to keep that axle higher than the driver side

20220516_181832.jpg

Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yours does appear to be a lot better than others who have had this issue. Mine was never that bad.

OP
OP
NVBM65

NVBM65

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Sheet Metal Local 88
We have gone from Pahrump Nevada (west of Vegas) through Arizona/ New Mexico/ Texas/ Oklahoma/ Missouri last week and headed back through Kansas/ Colorado and Utah this week, plan "was" to stop in Moab and Arches on the way home....

ArmyGladiator

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Business owner
Need some input from those who have had this issue, somewhere between Denver and Frisco our passenger rear decided to go, noticed it when we stopped, dealer we called in Grand Junction had no appointments until next week, how far have you all gone with this issue? We have 700 more miles to go.....

(Yes, I've looked on the threads, lots of opinions to dig though lol) just need some personal experience input.
Jeep Gladiator The leaking axle seal 20220516_181832

Dealership just admitted this this is a recall on certain gladiators with certain vin numbers. Jeep already knows amd is just keeping this quiet. Call and find out if you gladiator vin is part of this defective recall that that aren't letting people know about but instead the dealership just keeps your jeep for a month and says we are keeping it because of axle failure. All lies
Sponsored