Sponsored

The List (in honor of the old man in the way back woods who taught me stuff)

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
When you are old and some youngster takes an interest in your vehicles, what's The List for your Jeep Gladiator?

Most people on here know way more than I do, and it's a pleasure to gain their knowledge, so I am curious what the list is. The old guy who taught me knew everything about all fifty cars he kept. I sponged every detail.

So in 25 years when the kid walks up to your JT, and you say, "well I kept this one because it has..."

Here's mine (weak on specs, hoping others list those):

1. The histically accurate profile, flat stance, and approach angle.
2. 4:10 OEM, 4X4 standard, Max Tow, manual.
3. Windshield, doors, roof optional.
4. Deep tint, hose out interior, factory bedliner & fasteners, lights and grille.
Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
When you are old and some youngster takes an interest in your vehicles, what's The List for your Jeep Gladiator?

Most people on here know way more than I do, and it's a pleasure to gain their knowledge, so I am curious what the list is. The old guy who taught me knew everything about all fifty cars he kept. I sponged every detail.

So in 25 years when the kid walks up to your JT, and you say, "well I kept this one because it has..."

Here's mine (weak on specs, hoping others list those):

1. The histically accurate profile, flat stance, and approach angle.
2. 4:10 OEM, 4X4 standard, Max Tow, manual.
3. Windshield, doors, roof optional.
4. Deep tint, hose out interior, factory bedliner & fasteners, lights and grille.

Opting for a manual, which I am as well, will not allow you to achieve max tow ratings. In fact nothing will decrease your tow rating more than getting a manual. I have listed why I am getting a manual in several threads and will spare you the repeat, however you will need to choose what is more important to you max tow or rowing your own gears. Sorry for the news.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
In 25 years? Probably, “Because it was so damn expensive, it took me this long to pay it off.” Actually, I would like to think I could keep a vehicle that long, but it’s not likely.

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
I would say I kept it because it was so damn cool... And then boom the kid would have all the knowledge in the world.
I could never keep a car for 25 years. I generally run a vehicle in the ground. Which for me is when it the car costs more to repair than it is worth. I have only had my current vehicle a 1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport 4x4 for 6 years. Now with my stable and healthy income I hope to get my first new car which will be a JT (unless it is over 40k), I have a feeling that the JT will only last me 20years before I run it into the ground.

BlckJT

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JGC Altitude -=BlckWK2=-
I’m curious as to whether these JT’s will go down as classic vehicles in 25 years. I’d love to keep mine that long and have drive it down Woodward Avenue for the dream cruise in Michigan. But they would be alongside the autonomous cars and floating motorcycles. Hmmmm....

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I’m curious as to whether these JT’s will go down as classic vehicles in 25 years. I’d love to keep mine that long and have drive it down Woodward Avenue for the dream cruise in Michigan. But they would be alongside the autonomous cars and floating motorcycles. Hmmmm....
i'm worried the original gladiator and scrambler will be the ones worth a lot, and the JT will just be.....Gen 2.

MF Comics

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Manual Bronco
I need a truck for work and I want a Jeep to play with

Now, instead of buying a Taco and a JLU, Dr. Mephesto worked his mad science and gave me what I was looking for, although I have to see how much I lose out w/towing w/the Manual

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
yep they will be a classic for sure but yeah maybe the older leaf sprung beast may be more desirable

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"