Vehicle(s)
JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
5c41cdf8c5e17-image_-780x405-jpg.jpg

May 7, 2019

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. today announced that Christian Meunier is named Global President of the Jeep Brand. Meunier also is appointed to the Company’s Group Executive Council (GEC).

Meunier joins FCA with deep global automotive experience, serving most recently as Chairman and Global President for Infiniti Motor Company Limited at Nissan.

"I am delighted to add Christian to the leadership team we're building to drive FCA forward,” said Mike Manley, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) FCA. “He brings additional world class strength and experience to an already-proven bench, and I look forward to the continuation of the Jeep brand's growth under his stewardship."

Prior to his current role, Meunier held various global roles at Nissan including Division Vice President of Infiniti Global Sales, Marketing and Operations; Senior Vice President of Sales, Marketing and Operations for Nissan North America; Chairman Nissan Canada and President of Canada and Brazil. In addition, he has held key sales and marketing positions at Ford, Land Rover and Mercedes Benz in Europe and in the U.S.

"I'm excited to join the team at FCA,” said Meunier. “The company is one I've admired from afar; and, Jeep is a brand that anyone would be privileged to be a part of."

Meunier’s appointment is effective immediately.

More from Automotive News:

Infiniti President Christian Meunier, in a major executive catch by Fiat Chrysler CEO Mike Manley, has been recruited to become global president of Jeep, FCA said Tuesday.

Shortly before the announcement, Infiniti said Meunier had left his job, effective immediately, "for personal reasons."

Meunier, 51, a former executive with Nissan, Mercedes-Benz, Ford and Land Rover in North America and Europe, fills a critical Jeep post that has been empty in recent months.

"I am delighted to add Christian to the leadership team we're building to drive FCA forward,” Manley said in a statement. “He brings additional world-class strength and experience to an already-proven bench, and I look forward to the continuation of the Jeep brand's growth under his stewardship."

Meunier, a gregarious Frenchman with a reputation for speaking bluntly, was named global head of Nissan Motor Co.’s premium brand in January, but had resisted moving to Infiniti's corporate headquarters in Hong Kong. Instead, he has been living in Nashville and commuting to Hong Kong several times a month.

"I'm excited to join the team at FCA,” Meunier said in a statement from FCA. “The company is one I've admired from afar; and, Jeep is a brand that anyone would be privileged to be a part of."

Advertisement

steffen707

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
can somebody post how to phonetically say his last name?

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE, 2018 2dr JLR 6-SPD, 2015 Hellcat Challenger
Vehicle Showcase
With his background it looks like Jeep will be moving upscale to take on the ultra premium market. Since Jeep covers the low (Renegade) to mid/high (Grand Cherokee/SRT), plus the only serious off-road rugged (JL/JT), there’s only one more place to go. High end.

steffen707

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

RobNY

First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 TJ
With his background it looks like Jeep will be moving upscale to take on the ultra premium market. Since Jeep covers the low (Renegade) to mid/high (Grand Cherokee/SRT), plus the only serious off-road rugged (JL/JT), there’s only one more place to go. High end.
Not necessarily. I think they picked him because of his global experience since Jeep would love to expand their international sales and penetration.

5chema

First Name
Mateo
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Canada Launch Edition (1of419)
Vehicle Showcase
can somebody post how to phonetically say his last name?
There’s no equivalent in English...

There’s a lot of bad pronunciation on YouTube, but I can confirm that the following is the right way to pronounce it in French, especially with the high pitch accent from France (we are rougher in Quebec, not sounding like a cow but almost!):

steffen707

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There’s no equivalent in English...

There’s a lot of bad pronunciation on YouTube, but I can confirm that the following is the right way to pronounce it in French, especially with the accent from France:

kinda sounds like manure with an accent, lol

misanthrope

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bitchin' Schwinn

steffen707

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so is this guy going to make jeep better?