The one thing I wished I added - proximity key

Lumberjack500

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon Departed: 1979 CJ5, 1995 XJ, 1997 TJ, 2010 JK
i am very happy with my truck. However, my advice to anyone ordering, GET THE PROXIMITY KEY. That damn key fob is so big. I had the proximity on my last car and really miss it. I really thought I ordered it but sadly no. It’s kinda of ridiculous with push button start it’s not standard.
Sponsored

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
It’s kinda of ridiculous with push button start it’s not standard.
Quoted for troof-
It’s as if Jeep expects people to keep the mega-fob loose n your pocket, pull it out to unlock the door, then stick it in the console (remember they pointed out how well it fits there). Then when you get to where you’re going, pick up the fob & use it to lock the doors.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
We’re running through our spec before ordering and noticed that it was an option. I had honestly thought it was standard. My base Chevy Equinox company car has it standard for crying out loud! Definitely have become accustomed to having that with hands full getting in and out. Thanks!

Sponsored

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
i am very happy with my truck. However, my advice to anyone ordering, GET THE PROXIMITY KEY. That damn key fob is so big. I had the proximity on my last car and really miss it. I really thought I ordered it but sadly no. It’s kinda of ridiculous with push button start it’s not standard.
Wasn't even an option on my Sport S and I needed the Max tow so there was nothing I could do. I was bummed when I found out. I hate there fob, my last cars fob was a more comfortable shape in my pocket and not quite as big. The first day, I set off the alarm. I was at the other end of the house, and somehow bumped the button. My old one, the button was not set above the fob. It is so easy to push the buttons when they are in your pocket. And did I say it is big.
Also, does everyone's fob look like it is coming apart around the corner by the P in Jeep that doesn't have the keyring loop and along the edge under the Jeep name?

SATXVolGladiator

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘89 Grand Wagoneer, ‘11 Grand Cherokee, ‘20 Gladiator on orde

Sponsored

JT614

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Overland '14 JGC Summit '04 TJ Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
I had the prox key on my last two GJC's. Without out a doubt this was a necessity on my JT. Hard to believe it's not standard across all makes and models. I do agree that the fob is an unnecessary beast. Then to make things worse the key-trigger button is touchy so it triggers at the smallest touch #notlikemeofcourse :)

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
Yep...wish mine had it. I know, 'First World Problems' but it is nice.

PS. If my 18-year-old-self came through time, they would be laughing at me right now.

BrandRezake

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Controls Engineer/Entertainment Program Manager
I completely agree with this. I did not order this "upgrade" because I thought to myself "Oh whatever, it's a Jeep". But yeah, it would def be nice to have. However, to get around it I have found a solution that makes me feel 1000X better.

IMG_2398.jpg
Sponsored