The Philistine thread - non-lifted Gladiators and not likely to be, either

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
A joke was made in another thread about Gladiator owners who don't put a lift kit on, being considered Philistines by the 'lifted' crowd and I thought maybe we could have our own thread here. I bought my Sport-S about 3 weeks ago and I love it. Not that I don't want larger tires, I surely do, but a lift kit isn't in my foreseeable future. It's just too much money for the lift, then for new wheels to accommodate bigger tires. When I wear my tires out in a couple of years, I'll be buying the 285/70R17's which will get me to about a 33'' tire, but until then, I'm perfectly happy running stock.

That doesn't mean I don't partake in other mods, I've converted the entire front set of lights to LED's and I'll be looking at doing other things as well.

Jeep Gladiator The Philistine thread - non-lifted Gladiators and not likely to be, either 20210423_112304
Jeep Gladiator The Philistine thread - non-lifted Gladiators and not likely to be, either 20210423_113018
Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Just get some good cheap Rubi Take off tires and rims. Swap them out. That is what I did on mine for relatively good price. Also got some Rubi take off shocks I swapped out on mine. Eventually will move to 35's when I burn these tires up but no plans to lift for the forseeable future. I'll just have to be that oddball on the road (LOL). I sold my factory tires for $250 and bought 4 Rubi Tires and rims for $700. Will change the whole look of your truck just changing the tires and rims

deuce

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Marine Engineer
We're proud to be Philistines. I think lifts are the biggest waste of money a person can spend on any Jeep. This is our 3rd Jeep and we have never lifted any of them. The best thing we have bought for our Gladiator is a Bestop for the front of the cab.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
$200 for the rubi take offs. Got JKS disconnects. Adding a Terraflex spacer to the front to negate the tiny bit of rubbing I get while flexed. Running a 33 mud tire. I'll take my Philistine comments.

Just get some good cheap Rubi Take off tires and rims. Swap them out. That is what I did on mine for relatively good price. Also got some Rubi take off shocks I swapped out on mine. Eventually will move to 35's when I burn these tires up but no plans to lift for the forseeable future. I'll just have to be that oddball on the road (LOL). I sold my factory tires for $250 and bought 4 Rubi Tires and rims for $700. Will change the whole look of your truck just changing the tires and rims
tempImageSY7IOL.png

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Lifts should and do serve a very practical purpose. I had a 2.5" on my JKU to run 35s without rubbing disco'd and flexed.
That being said, I do not plan on installing a lift on this JTR unless I have to. I'll have to see what happens on the trails when I go from factory 33s to 35s.

Sponsored

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
When I bought my TJ I had a lift and 33s on it within 2 months and loved it. But with the JT it's not necessary for my use. I'll consider 35s when I need tires, and I do want to put different wheels on at some point, but my use is mostly on-road and the bigger selling points to me were the jeep-ness of it. I bought it to use as a truck and it's more useful to me not being another 3-6" taller.

I do love the look of the bigger trucks, and may consider it in the future. But I've gone nearly a year without even looking at lifts which, for someone who likes to modify his vehicles, is impressive to me

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold JLU Sport S for JTM, JL Willys Sport
Will never lift my Mojave since stock is already so nice. That's one reason I went with the Mojave as I told my wife I wouldn't do any big mods if she'd let me get it. When it's time for new tires, I'll probably get 35s since I have the high fenders.

awraynor

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Physician Assistant
$200 for the rubi take offs. Got JKS disconnects. Adding a Terraflex spacer to the front to negate the tiny bit of rubbing I get while flexed. Running a 33 mud tire. I'll take my Philistine comments.

Jeep Gladiator The Philistine thread - non-lifted Gladiators and not likely to be, either 20210506_123229
Love that color and wheel combo.

Sponsored