The seatbelt beep driving me nuts!!

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
And the thread was just about the incessant warning beep, not seatbelt usage. It sure is more pleasant hearing five warning chimes and than silence. Sometimes you want the truck running without actually driving anywhere. Using the inverter, winch, compressor, etc.
You'd think we were discussing Trump or gun control......

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon, 19 Genesis G70, 1972 Ford LTD coupe
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
I know, right? That really escalated quickly. Just buckle up. It really doesn't take that long.

Philo T

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Rubiccon 79 AMC CJ7
Hello to the group,
I'm new to the forum and don't have my Gladiator yet. But here it is---
I am retired Police and was a Certified Accident Reconstructionist for nine years and still am. I could extoll on my extensive training and the classes and Conferences I've attended and training I've helped put on. I closed roads for the fatal crashes.
Here's the point. Seat belts work. Almost all of the BS stories of people being 'thrown clear' are exactly that, BULLS**T . Yes it happens, but very rare. The forces involved generally throw you out of the vehicle and INTO the path of the rolling vehicle. People need to get this TV crap out of their head.
My CJ7 had lap belts only. I put shoulder harnesses in so that I wouldn't end up losing my teeth on the steering wheel while wheeling hard. All proper trail rides Require seatbelt use.

Sorry, haven't read the whole thread, but this IS the truth.

Wear em. Cuz otherwise, you aint nuthin but loose ballast.

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2005 Jeep TJ RME
I disabled warning beep in my JK. I also use seatbelts everywhere outside of my neighborhood. Respect the belts, but don't need a reminder beep thank you.

If we could eliminate all the unnecessary nanny-state tech in current era vehicles maybe a mid-size jeep truck wouldn't have a $60k sticker. Not to go political, but Jeep did not think of all this crap on their own, overweight Uncle Sam weighed in.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
A friend of mine was killed last week when he was ejected from his Jeep. He was driving doorless, and for whatever reason, wasn’t wearing a seatbelt. He sideswiped a barrier wall, was ejected, and the Jeep continued riding down the road driverless. Sad but true. Please wear your seatbelts.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I disabled warning beep in my JK. I also use seatbelts everywhere outside of my neighborhood. Respect the belts, but don't need a reminder beep thank you.

If we could eliminate all the unnecessary nanny-state tech in current era vehicles maybe a mid-size jeep truck wouldn't have a $60k sticker. Not to go political, but Jeep did not think of all this crap on their own, overweight Uncle Sam weighed in.
I agree with eliminating all the nanny-state devices in order to help lower the price and promote freedoms but a mid size jeep truck sticker is not anywhere close to 60K. At 60K you must of volunteered to pay for lots of nanny-state tech.

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
This thread was never about whether to wear seatbelts or not but everyone sure likes to chime in on their opinions about there use!!
An indicator light and the random graphic on the dash screen is plenty of a reminder for me.
The beep was easy enough to disable thank goodness.
Now to do away with the incessant chime of having a door open with the ignition on and the engine not running.

OP
OP
Yellow1098

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
I definitely didn't intend to start a debate and I do agree with everyone who says wearing your seatbelt is important because even tho I want to disable the beep I still wear it! Now maybe some of you have seen my other thread but I don't think the seat belt will save me from banging my 6'5 head on the sound bar....

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
Absolutley love my gladiator but the only thing that drives me insane is the dam seat belt beep screaming at me. I don't mind wearing my seat belt but just a 5 min drive to the store or down a dirt road ...come on? And on top of that it doesn't stop like most past cars Iv had after 3-4 beeps. It keeps going and going and going.....is there any fix for this? Or setting ? Does it drive you guys nuts to?
If I were you, with a truck that has removable doors and windshield, I would always wear a seatbelt no matter how small of a trip.
I guess I am a wussy.

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
Absolutley love my gladiator but the only thing that drives me insane is the dam seat belt beep screaming at me. I don't mind wearing my seat belt but just a 5 min drive to the store or down a dirt road ...come on? And on top of that it doesn't stop like most past cars Iv had after 3-4 beeps. It keeps going and going and going.....is there any fix for this? Or setting ? Does it drive you guys nuts to?
“JeepInformant” has a video on YouTube showing how to disable it!
Tried it with my wife’s 2018 Cherokee and it worked! My mechanic did it to my TJ years ago, also worked! Super simple... watch the video! But remember... “Click it or Ticket!” ;{

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
The government trying to save me from myself. I ride my Softail every single day to work 6 months of the year. From April through October it's how I get around. Snow rain wind etc will not stop me. Legally the only requirement for me to ride my Harley down the road at 65mph in the state of Alaska is a loin cloth. I cannot be sexually exposed. That's it. So you're going to tell me sitting in a car completely enveloped in steel is somehow less safe than me 2 wheeling with my loin cloth down the highway? I'm the same person whether I'm on the bike or in the car nothing has changed but I have to abide by different rules based on what vehicle I chose? It's ridiculous. My JK stops beeping after driving a mile without stopping. If you stop the distance counter resets. I'm hoping the JT is the same because I don't wear seatbelts ever.

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Somewhere in this thread is a Darwin Award Winner, I can feel it! [Current odds -1000; O/U 1.5]

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
The government trying to save me from myself. I ride my Softail every single day to work 6 months of the year. From April through October it's how I get around. Snow rain wind etc will not stop me. Legally the only requirement for me to ride my Harley down the road at 65mph in the state of Alaska is a loin cloth. I cannot be sexually exposed. That's it. So you're going to tell me sitting in a car completely enveloped in steel is somehow less safe than me 2 wheeling with my loin cloth down the highway? I'm the same person whether I'm on the bike or in the car nothing has changed but I have to abide by different rules based on what vehicle I chose? It's ridiculous. My JK stops beeping after driving a mile without stopping. If you stop the distance counter resets. I'm hoping the JT is the same because I don't wear seatbelts ever.
You do bring up a good point. I ride too and helmets are mandatory here. On base everything is mandatory. Boots, jacket, helmet, pants, gloves etc. Motorcycles are way behind what is required in cars. I mean abs is a relatively recent addition. Sure a lot less people ride bikes than cars and that % seems to be decreasing. I did always think it was weird though that bikes require next to nothing. I am all for all the safety stuff but once I rode without a helmet and wow it was a freeing experience.