Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Featuring the highest output intensity of any 5-inch LED pod on the market, these auxiliary lamps have been designed for maximum functionality, with patented technology and custom-engineered TIR optics, all in a durable package. This high-output 5-inch pod can add tons of light on bumpers, ditch mounts, grilles, and more!
Diode Dynamics is excited to introduce the SS5 LED Pod!
Diode Dynamics is excited to introduce the SS5 LED Pod!
Focused. Traditional optics like reflectors or simple lenses lose light internally and to glare, so not all of the light shines on target. Instead, the custom-engineered TIR optic in the SS5 collects all of the light from the LED, and directs it only where you need it, drastically reducing glare and improving total efficiency.
From there, while other options on the market lose as much as 10% of the light output shining through an outer lens, the custom-molded TIR optic in the SS5 serves as both the optic and main lens for greater efficiency and light output. Thanks to this patented and innovative technology, when coupled with high-intensity LED chips, the total intensity of the SS5 is much greater than other LED pods using basic optics or reflectors with a standard outer lens.
Selectable Backlight. The Stage Series 5" LED Pods included in the White kit feature a selectable backlight with eight different color options, perfect for an extra styling accent, or for more visibility when you’re not using the main beam. Selecting your backlight color is easy - simply alternate the power on and off. There’s no complicated programming with a controller! The SS5's backlight fully illuminates the TIR optic, providing unique accent lighting that you won't find on other LED pods.
NOTE: Due to the yellow lens, the Yellow kit is only available with an Amber backlight color.
CrossLink. Our patent-pending CrossLink technology allows you to link up to eight SS5 pods together to create your own lightbar.
Unlike other options on the market that use multiple pieces to link pods together, we have designed a single-piece CNC aluminum link. This provides extreme rigidity, but is fully adjustable, for both straight and curved configurations. And thanks to inset threaded mounts built-in to every SS5, there is no need to buy a special linking version of the SS5 for your setup.
Note: These output shots feature ONLY 2 SS5 Sport LED pods!
Functional Patterns. Stage Series beam pattern options were designed with advanced optical simulation modeling, to shape the output in highly-functional beam patterns with high efficiency. No matter what your auxiliary lighting needs are, there is a Stage Series optic for you!
- Driving is great for general illumination at speed. Rather than a traditional "spot" pattern, the Stage Series Driving pattern shines in a 30x20 degree spread, providing just enough width to fully illuminate the road ahead at high speeds, but still staying focused to avoid too much foreground light. Although the SS5 Driving is too bright to be considered an SAE Auxiliary High Beam, it is perfect for an extra boost of light at speed.
- Combo pattern combines both the Driving and Flood optics, perfect for all-around use. It shines light downrange in a focused 30x20 Driving beam to punch with distance, and fills in the surrounding area to create a full 70x30 degree pattern. With a row of driving optics in the middle, and a flood optic on the top and bottom, this has been designed to provide extra light for every situation.
- Flood pattern was designed to provide uniform, even illumination with a full 70x55 degree spread of light. Unlike generic "flood" lights that are simply a heavily diffused spotlight, our flood pattern uses pillow optics on the outer lens surface, to provide a true optically designed spread, for even illumination throughout. It is perfect for lighting up anything at low speeds, or for trailers and worksites.
- Spot is an unmodified pattern, shining light directly from the TIR optic. The result is a highly focused 15-degree beam of light, perfect for directing light far into the distance. With an incredible output of 406,000 candela, the SS5 Sport shines a mile away (¼ lux). NOTE: The Pro Spot uses a larger LED emitter, which spreads the light output into a 20-degree pattern. Although the Pro has much more raw output, the larger beam pattern results in slightly lower total intensity.
White or Yellow. Stage Series SS5 LED pods are available in a cool white or selective yellow color. The white is a 6000K color temperature, which is a true cool white output, and matches most factory LED lighting. The selective yellow is a 3000K color temperature, great for high contrast in poor weather or a distinctive look on the road.
Sport or Pro. Stage Series SS5 LED pods are available at two different power levels. All options use high-intensity LED emitters, and TIR optics for unmatched focus and overall output. The Sport model uses nine high-intensity LEDs for 40 watts of total power. The Pro model steps things up in a big way, with over double the total power at 90 watts.
Simple connections. All SS5 LED pods feature an integrated and waterproof DT type Deutsch-style connector on the back, and come with a 6-inch pigtail with bare leads. For installation, you can wire yourself, or select an optional Diode Dynamics wire harness.
In The Box:
- Two (2) Stage Series 5” LED Pods
- Two (2) Deutsch-style wire pigtails
- Two (2) Mounting brackets and hardware
Snap-on covers. For states that require them, or for extra styling or protection, we also offer snap-on covers for your SS5 Pod. These covers are available in a variety of colors and keep your SS5 Pod clean and protected from dirt, dust, or whatever else the road throws your way!
Proven Reliability. Stage Series LED lighting has been extensively tested for long-term operation from -40 to 185 degrees F, along with vibration, moisture intrusion, and corrosion testing. All of these tests are completed to SAE standards, just like your factory lighting components. They've also been put to the test on-road by racers and enthusiasts alike.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post, PM, or email [email protected].
PM us for the free-shipping code (U.S. forum members only)