Sponsored

There's no way they shipped this many winches when I only paid for 1 ...

Sponsored

PuddleJumper

First Name
Cortlund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' JTM, 22' JTR, 22' F56S,
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lockheed Martin ASW Test Technician
Vehicle Showcase
Go buy a lottery ticket. RN

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I'd be super careful if they all do show up. Someone finds out and they ask for them back and you sold them, ouch. Check the laws for your state and then still think twice if you can.

(I'd definitely be down for one but don't want to get you in trouble.)
What To Do if You’re Billed for Things You Never Got, or You Get Unordered Products | Consumer Advice (ftc.gov)

Not a state law, it's a UCC thing. and since inter-state commerce is only decided by federal law, you're in the clear no matter where you live. (generally states don't get too much into intra-state commerce much either because the UCC covers most of it worth covering)

That being said, just because you legally have the right to doesn't make you a good person if you use legal technicalities to get over on another person (and yes, the owner of that business and the person who might get fired for screwing up your order are both people)

In3briatedPanda

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Freedom Edition Max Tow
Occupation
Automotive
What To Do if You’re Billed for Things You Never Got, or You Get Unordered Products | Consumer Advice (ftc.gov)

Not a state law, it's a UCC thing. and since inter-state commerce is only decided by federal law, you're in the clear no matter where you live. (generally states don't get too much into intra-state commerce much either because the UCC covers most of it worth covering)

That being said, just because you legally have the right to doesn't make you a good person if you use legal technicalities to get over on another person (and yes, the owner of that business and the person who might get fired for screwing up your order are both people)
im a moral north person. if this happened to me, id have already contacted them about the error, but lucky to OP i guess. Doesnt affect me either way, just wanted to agree with you bc i was scared to type that out. lmao

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
While you can legally keep something sent to you unsolicited, I believe you also need to send things sent to you erroneously back if requested and paid for by the sender. So if they realize their mistake and ask to get it picked up by a carrier, you should be prepared to respond in good-faith. The law protects you from being charged for any of this.

The intent of the law is to prevent the recipient from incurring a cost, or being demanded to pay, when sent something unsolicited. But it's not really intended to punish sellers who make honest mistakes. Some sellers don't care, like Amazon, and some do (as I would imagine would be the case here). Work with them, not against them, to save yourself a lot of headache.

That being said, if they don't contact you about them after a reasonable period of time, you can't be expected to hold on to them forever.

Sponsored

cranbiz

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2017 WK2 Trailhawk, 2012 JK
Occupation
IT Analyst, Volunteer Firefighter
While you can legally keep them if they all show up, I would call them to do the right thing if they are delivered, BUT they need to send a call tag if they want them back (and I would think they would). You shouldn't need to pay to ship them all back.

I just had a similar thing happen with a brush coat. Ordered thru Zorro and it kept getting delayed. I finally cancelled the order and they supposedly contacted their supplier and cancelled the order and sent me the confirmation of the cancellation. 2 weeks later the order shipped and arrived. It's a $200 coat so I contacted Zorro. They got back to me the next day and said keep it. Said it was the suppliers mistake and they didn't want it back either.

Charles C.

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Wrangler TJ
Occupation
Engineer
I even checked the website ... it has 16 listed just like it shows in the email below:
Jeep Gladiator There's no way they shipped this many winches when I only paid for 1 ... 625

and it gets even better! The other stuff to go with it, same thing!!! Not showing it all, but ...

Jeep Gladiator There's no way they shipped this many winches when I only paid for 1 ... 625

:CWL: If all this actually shows up at my door ...
I'll take one too!

legend007

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
I even checked the website ... it has 16 listed just like it shows in the email below:

and it gets even better! The other stuff to go with it, same thing!!! Not showing it all, but ...

:CWL: If all this actually shows up at my door ...
Count me in 😀
Sponsored