First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
Spent the last week looking into a potential new 2022 order, specifically with the same dealer that I bought my last Gladiator from, but I got the runaround from them. They're trying to pressure me into simply creating the order and putting down a deposit without knowing the actual pricing yet. Has everyone else gone about it this way? I haven't had a chance to explore the order w/ Gupton yet, but it seems like they're able to tabulate a price for folks. Is my dealer simply being lazy? I left the conversation being curt- told them I'll be in touch once Jeep.com updates to 2022 models.
Sponsored

Pedal Metal

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 1975 Camaro, 1973 Beetle
Occupation
Analyst
Spent the last week looking into a potential new 2022 order, specifically with the same dealer that I bought my last Gladiator from, but I got the runaround from them. They're trying to pressure me into simply creating the order and putting down a deposit without knowing the actual pricing yet. Has everyone else gone about it this way? I haven't had a chance to explore the order w/ Gupton yet, but it seems like they're able to tabulate a price for folks. Is my dealer simply being lazy? I left the conversation being curt- told them I'll be in touch once Jeep.com updates to 2022 models.
Iā€™ll toss in my $.02ā€™s. So, I just picked up my ordered ā€˜21 Mojave on Friday. I spoke with my Sales Manager about the ā€˜22ā€™s yesterday when I stopped in on a follow up and mentioned that i had read some pricing had increased possibly due to standardizing higher level offerings and he seemed to agree that there were such changes. So, pricing should be in place for your dealer to speak to. However, even if not, then your dealer should be able to show you their screen or agree to a pricing calculation model in terms of percentage back of msrp or invoice whichever seems appropriate for your market, their size, your relationship or how easy or difficult you and your deal is. With that said, Iā€™d recommend calling 2-5 surrounding dealer reps within a reasonable drive distance to see where you get the best treatment, and then compare that offering to cost / benefit of a Gupton type of deal.
Good luck.

ShirtlessCubsFan

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GLI, 2020 Mercedes GLB, 2022 Mojave
Occupation
Systems Engineer
The order guide has been out for a couple of weeks now with pricing, so they should know exactly what current pricing structures are.

I placed my order with Gupton last week and I know exactly, at most, how much I'll be paying pending any incentives I qualify for at the time of delivery.

Guns_N_Rosaries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys Edition
Nope, never ever order or sign anything until you have the agreed upon final price in writing that's also signed off on by both parties.

PnwGladiatorBuild

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf TDI , 2022 JTRD
I got an exact price from Daniel and my 2022 has an estimated ship date of 11/29. Thats not a good dealer.

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got an exact price from Daniel and my 2022 has an estimated ship date of 11/29. Thats not a good dealer.
Who are you getting the ship date from?

I am jealous. I ordered my 2022 on October 21, and jeep chat wonā€™t even tell me when they are beginning 2022 production.

Looking forward to hearing back from you as I am very eagerā€¦

OP
OP
saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Developer
This is what I was afraid of, almost like locking in my order and then presuming Iā€™d succumb to their price. Sigh.

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I was told by Travis at tri city that my22 builds don't start till beginning of December. If they already started, then I need to get the ball moving!

Zissou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2021 BMW M2, 2012 Monster 1100evo
Occupation
Business Intelligence
I locked down pricing on my 2022 order with CMA Jeep in Staunton VA. Worked with a guy named Erik, would recommend. (ekibler @valley.cmacars.com)
Like another member said, I too heard that the building of it will start early Dec.

Pricing is available, I used that other thread from this forum to get the invoice and MSRP prices of every option. I had Erik match Gupton's 6% under invoice offer, and added a $500 national retail consumer cash discount to boot.
Attached is my build. I skipped the Aux switches. For $310 I might regret that, but I wasn't foreseeing any big light bars in my future.

But apparently my math on the licensing was off, so my actual out the door price is $53,019 with me financing at the dealer. I'll update if they pull any BS at the dealership, but I have the sales rep's agreement in email and I trust him.
Jeep Gladiator thinking about a MY2022 order 22mojavebuildVA.JPG

OP
OP
saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Developer
I locked down pricing on my 2022 order with CMA Jeep in Staunton VA. Worked with a guy named Erik, would recommend. (ekibler @valley.cmacars.com)
Like another member said, I too heard that the building of it will start early Dec.

Pricing is available, I used that other thread from this forum to get the invoice and MSRP prices of every option. I had Erik match Gupton's 6% under invoice offer, and added a $500 national retail consumer cash discount to boot.
Attached is my build. I skipped the Aux switches. For $310 I might regret that, but I wasn't foreseeing any big light bars in my future.

But apparently my math on the licensing was off, so my actual out the door price is $53,019 with me financing at the dealer. I'll update if they pull any BS at the dealership, but I have the sales rep's agreement in email and I trust him.
Jeep Gladiator thinking about a MY2022 order 22mojavebuildVA.JPG
this build sheet helps alot, especially since its almost the same as what I'd like to order

also noted to myself, I need to be buying out of state... 4.15% sales tax? I'd love that instead of our 6.5% here in MN

Sponsored

Zissou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2021 BMW M2, 2012 Monster 1100evo
Occupation
Business Intelligence
this build sheet helps alot, especially since its almost the same as what I'd like to order

also noted to myself, I need to be buying out of state... 4.15% sales tax? I'd love that instead of our 6.5% here in MN
Oh yeah Virginia is def cheap on that sales tax!
Unfortunately if you bought in VA I am fairly certain you'd still have to pay 6.5% since it's where you register the vehicle. The DMV would get you when you bring it back and register.

AMack6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave Gladiator, BMW M2
Yea I ordered a '22 at the end of last week from Kent @ Peterson Jeep in Idaho. Pricing is out already for '22s -- at least for what I was ordering the price wasn't very different than 2021 pricing. For the Mojave trim level, there are a few creature comforts that previously were options and are now standard, so sticker price between a 2021 and 2022 was pretty close for what I wanted.

I heard similar things that production won't start until later in November or December.

OP
OP
saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Developer
I just threw the pricing question back at my local dealer, including my desired discount off invoice. I'll see what they say, have a feeling they might tell me to pound sand.

Gvellas

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Electrician
I just threw the pricing question back at my local dealer, including my desired discount off invoice. I'll see what they say, have a feeling they might tell me to pound sand.
I ordered through Kent with Peterson last week also. He quoted about 7% below invoice. Then when he sent over paperwork with my pricing breakdown, it came out to exactly 6.4% below invoice. 2022 JTR

And my build was $150 less than the same build as a 2021

OP
OP
saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Developer
Emailed Daniel @ Gupton to introduce myself, plus I'm meeting with my local dealer on Monday. They seem to think they'll have the best deal for me, so we'll see how that goes, they know where I stand as far as pricing is concerned. (plus I have this morbid curiosity as to why they won't price out a build over the phone, I'm hyper aware that its some sort of psychological marketing ploy LOL)
Sponsored