Sponsored

Thinking of rebuilding the steering system, any input?

Psycho Squirrel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 White Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, '14 Black Grand Cherokee Limited, '63 Blue Corvair Monza,
I’ve had the new steering box installed via the TSB, had death wobble twice. Dealership replaced the stabilizer, one tie rod end, pitman arm and the drag link. Steering still sucks, wanders, dead spot and so on. Has anyone actually gone full aftermarket with the steering system? What did you do? What parts, brands etc?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Psycho Squirrel

Psycho Squirrel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 White Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, '14 Black Grand Cherokee Limited, '63 Blue Corvair Monza,
Bump? Anyone?

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had the new steering box installed via the TSB, had death wobble twice. Dealership replaced the stabilizer, one tie rod end, pitman arm and the drag link. Steering still sucks, wanders, dead spot and so on. Has anyone actually gone full aftermarket with the steering system? What did you do? What parts, brands etc?
Do you have a lift or still stock height?

OP
OP
Psycho Squirrel

Psycho Squirrel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I personally have not retorqued anything myself...yet. DW was after the steering box TSB upgrade. 2” leveling spacer in the front.

To be clear, I have only had a hint of DW one time on an overpass in a turn since the fixes.

I’m just not happy with the way that it handles, that’s why I’m thinking of a rebuild. Never had steering this bad in my JK or XJ.
Sponsored