Sponsored

This was built especially for (your name) On the window sticker

teckademics67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR, KLTH, CJ, JTR
Can any confirm or deny that after a factory order shows up at the dealer there is a sticker on the window that says "this was built especially for your name" On the window sticker?
Sponsored

JT_Jeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Rubicon, 2016 Husqvarna FE350S
I have ordered two Jeeps...JK and the JTR and both had my name on the window sticker.

Cape taco12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Yep and they spelled my name wrong. despite me sending the salesman an email after Jeepchat told me they fucked it up.

but it’s not like I would have kept it anyway just more junk floating around.

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
Last summer one of my local dealers told me that he could no longer order Wranglers with the 3.6 if they were not customer orders. Since he wanted 3.6s in his inventory he would just put random names on the order sheet and these would appear on the sticker.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
The customer name is put on the top of Monroney sticker and leaves the factory that way.

Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
93B4CD6F-4D7C-4C10-99A5-AD905A8B0CF6.jpeg
ED9145FF-D520-4FB3-84F8-08323F2CF285.jpeg
That’s a super easy question to answer. I ordered my truck built from the factory with just 3 options that I wanted, base Sport model truck(not a Sport S) in silver color with hard top roof, rubber floor mats and a trailer hitch. And I made it clear to the salesperson when I ordered it that I wanted them to carefully remove the window sticker.

See the attached pictures. On the top right is printed:

This vehicle was built especially for:
MY NAME (on next line)

I have marked out my name on that line as I just go by Jake as a forum name.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Too damn funny. Reminds me of the State Farm commercial that they had out right at the beginning of this years Super Bowl game. And damn they had that Jake guy out there, just so they would get a laugh out of me. It worked. I laughed but I still stay with Geico.

DTDHI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra, 2014 Toyota Prius, 1999 Jeep Cherokee, 2018 ZX14R
Can any confirm or deny that after a factory order shows up at the dealer there is a sticker on the window that says "this was built especially for your name" On the window sticker?
Yes can confirm that. If you find a Launch Edition at a dealer it should have a name on the sticker unless it's been removed by the dealer since those were all initially 'sold' to customers

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Yes can confirm that. If you find a Launch Edition at a dealer it should have a name on the sticker unless it's been removed by the dealer since those were all initially 'sold' to customers
There have been Launch Editions on dealers lots for sale with clean no customer name Monroney window stickers on them. The whole Launch Edition roll out was a debacle and while official FCA statement would make people believe every one of them was sold to a assign customer, quite a few dealers got allocations that were not cancelled assigned customer orders.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Buzzlb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland: The Overcon ‘82 CJ-7
Build Thread
Link
Yup, I had to order it to get the color GCM and options I wanted.

Broncosfan

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 1992 Jeep Cherokee
I just noticed that my window sticker says it was built for Auto Show. Its not the name of the dealer I purchased it from. Could it have been built for an Auto Show display? I know the Auto Show in Harrisburg, Pa is in January. I cannot seem to find the built date now but I seen it somewhere that showed 12/19.

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
I just noticed that my window sticker says it was built for Auto Show. Its not the name of the dealer I purchased it from. Could it have been built for an Auto Show display? I know the Auto Show in Harrisburg, Pa is in January. I cannot seem to find the built date now but I seen it somewhere that showed 12/19.
Build date is on the sticker on the driver door b pillar.

It's completely possible that it was used at an auto show. Even the truck used in the Superbowl commercial was sent back to the dealer and sold.

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Rubi Sarge Green; '08 JK
Occupation
Military
My 1998 TJ came with the window sticker folded up in the glove box with "this Jeep built for...." on it. I passed it on when I sold it, I like to think my old TJ and my window sticker are still floating around in the ether somewhere.
Sponsored