Those running RockSlideEng side steps with no doors come on in

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
I see RSE has their door delete harness, but someone guide me here and understand it a bit. If you install this delete kit does that override the auto open functionality when you have your doors on?

Curious to know with these 3 scenarios what the options are

1. Doors on. Magnets ...door opens step comes down.
2.Tube doors .... same as above??
3. Running no doors at all .....delete kit above and have to push a button.

without knowing any better, if you are running no doors you need the delete kit. That trumps everything else. No cake and eating it too I’m guessing.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.
Sponsored

klmone

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2000 TJ
The door delete kits are to stop the steps from dropping with the doors off. Door delete kits need to be installed front and rear. Then you have to push a button to drop the steps.
In a pinch, you could turn off the steps with the provided switch, but you won't have steps available if you need them.
If you run tube doors, you will need to add magnets to match the stock doors.
I didn't think to buy 2 door kits in the beginning, and found taping magnets over the rear sensor worked just fine.

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
The door delete kits are to stop the steps from dropping with the doors off. Door delete kits need to be installed front and rear. Then you have to push a button to drop the steps.
In a pinch, you could turn off the steps with the provided switch, but you won't have steps available if you need them.
If you run tube doors, you will need to add magnets to match the stock doors.
I didn't think to buy 2 door kits in the beginning, and found taping magnets over the rear sensor worked just fine.
What he said...

zuki_dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 miata & cherokee, 06 ram 2500, 15 mustang,
Occupation
Aircraft Examiner
I have bought one kit per their recommendation but you really need 2 kits to go full doorless. The kit I bought I installed in the bottom seat belt trim pop out. It manually activates the steps.

I drew up an stl file and 3d printed a magnet holder for my rear doors. It goes down thru the latch in the door frame and holds a magnet over the sensor. I actually prefer this over their expensive switch method. If I want to control the step via the rear just pop the holder up out of the latch.
Sponsored