Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Semi-retired noisemaker
I'm thinking about swapping out the factory Rubicon rock rails for something with a little more side protection, and a step to help my aging pup get into the back. I bumped into these from ARB, and given the manufacturer and the trusted seller -- and that they're about $400-$500 less than some similar sliders/steps/rocker guard combos -- I'm giving these a hard look.

https://arbusa.com/jeep-gladiator-jt-2020-on/bumpers-protection-equipment/rock-sliders/
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/4450260-arb-rock-sliders

I have, however, seen very little media or owner talk about these. Has anyone seen these in person, or better yet, tried them out?

They look like a bear to install, but if they live up to the brand name, it seems like a great deal.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
I haven’t seen much about them either, but they look nice, and ARB has a good reputation for quality.

Jeep Gladiator Thoughts on ARB sliders? 8BA7264F-0317-4A67-8CCA-1358EDAB8F08
I've done a fair bit of wheelin in my day, and this seems regoddamndiculous to me unless you are doing KOH or some such shit. Even then it's probably just plain stupid drilling all those holes in your Jeep. Idiots!

Chance575

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Occupation
D
Says the highway engineer, not a mechanical engineer

to each his own but if you want some strong protection they will work. some mounting hole properly painted/sealed and maintained are not going to end the world

Sponsored

OP
OP
John in the Woods

John in the Woods

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Semi-retired noisemaker

to each his own but if you want some strong protection they will work. some mounting hole properly painted/sealed and maintained are not going to end the world
I may not share his passion, but I see Dank’s point about the fairly intense install. Still, I’m with you in that if the work, done right, yields great results, I’m in for investing the effort.

I’m hoping to see a set of these somewhere at Overland Expo East in October. If anyone bumps into a set of these this weekend at OE West, please share some pics and thoughts.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've done a fair bit of wheelin in my day, and this seems regoddamndiculous to me unless you are doing KOH or some such shit. Even then it's probably just plain stupid drilling all those holes in your Jeep. Idiots!
It is ridiculous. You don't need to be a mechanical engineer to understand that. ha.

Maybe a Chem E to understand all that opportunity for rust. For a daily driven Jeep in NH, that look like pure idiocy.

For a toy, its probably fine.

heftysmurf

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
So these look similar to the Genright ones I had on my JKU. Yes, it was terrible drilling into the rub. I took my time, which was forever, because I drilled, painted the holes, then used silicone before I installed nutserts.

With that said, my Genright's were aluminum and they were amazing. While FL isn't known for it's rocks, there are some decent wheeling spots and the sliders were slammed a lot and just got their scratches. The boatside slider design, in my opinion, is great.

However, for the ol Gladiator, I installed RockHard. :) DIdn't want to drill this time.

JustinLentz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Mojave RIP: 20JT 09jk, 03jgc, 97tj, 95yj, 73cj
Occupation
Operations Coordinator
I had ARB bumpers front and rear on my JK along with the ARB sliders. They were stout and took a beating and never even dented. I'd say, if you like the look of them and you plan on keeping your jeep for a LONG time, these would be worth it. ARB makes quality product even though these would have to drill into the tub. I also had a set of WARN rock slides on a YJ i owned that drilled into the tub. Installed correctly, I think they look good. I would just make sure your hardware matches the color of the sliders and not silver or stainless. Like below... I don't particularly like the look of this but to each their own.
Jeep Gladiator Thoughts on ARB sliders? 1632486033655

I'm thinking about swapping out the factory Rubicon rock rails for something with a little more side protection, and a step to help my aging pup get into the back. I bumped into these from ARB, and given the manufacturer and the trusted seller -- and that they're about $400-$500 less than some similar sliders/steps/rocker guard combos -- I'm giving these a hard look.

https://arbusa.com/jeep-gladiator-jt-2020-on/bumpers-protection-equipment/rock-sliders/

I have, however, scene very little media or owner talk about these. Has anyone seen these in person, or better yet, tried them out?

They look like a bear to install, but if they live up to the brand name, it seems like a great deal.

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer

Not sure how you can properly seal off all those holes if you are actually hitting these things on the rocks etc. The first time it rains water is getting in. Then rust as @dcmdon mentioned.
To each their own .... What is wrong with good old fashion tube rock rails? Work just fine.

Sponsored

OP
OP
John in the Woods

John in the Woods

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Semi-retired noisemaker
What is wrong with good old fashion tube rock rails? Work just fine.
Legit point.

I'm not eager to make holes, but I do like the added rocker protection in case anything gets in there. Tubes can definitely take care of the added width and dog step that I'm trying to get.

I think I'll wait to see them in person, or hear from someone who's installed and used them, before making a call. Maybe the good folks @Northridge4x4 can offer some longer-term user insight?

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
Legit point.

I'm not eager to make holes, but I do like the added rocker protection in case anything gets in there. Tubes can definitely take care of the added width and dog step that I'm trying to get.

I think I'll wait to see them in person, or hear from someone who's installed and used them, before making a call. Maybe the good folks @Northridge4x4 can offer some longer-term user insight?
They do LOOK cool I will admit. For the occasional wheeler, probably not a good way to go since you can get great protection with some Rock Hard rails or something similar. Those type are really for the buggy crowd IMHO. Purpose built rigs that are not going to be driving around in rain etc. Like I said way back when I joined this forum I see a lot people spending money on aesthetics that don't really help, or in this case could actually end badly. Trying to think of some self deprecating way to make it all funny or whatever, but nothing comes to mind. ;)

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer

Just for the record, HW = hardware not Highway. As in circuits and such, just a typical nerd. ;)
I have appreciated your comments before, let's be civil going forward.

Last edited:

CorvusOver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel

I have, however, seen very little media or owner talk about these. Has anyone seen these in person, or better yet, tried them out?

Did you decide on these or something else?

OP
OP
John in the Woods

John in the Woods

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Semi-retired noisemaker
Did you decide on these or something else?
I went with these. I did a quick write up on the install a few weeks back (https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...gy-trail-rig-and-overlander.48591/post-908496). So far, I’m loving them. Great look and fit, and very solid over the few logs and rocks I’ve found so far. No heavy duty rock crawling yet, but I’m a lot more confident on tight trails already.

Here’s how they look right now, just out of a local state forest.
Jeep Gladiator Thoughts on ARB sliders? DA1F895F-1D3F-4955-94DB-B010CD7A2B84

Jeep Gladiator Thoughts on ARB sliders? FB0CF8A3-ACCE-49CB-952C-A9D07009978F
Sponsored