Sponsored

Thoughts On Having Shop Install Spacer Lift With No Experience Installing Spacer Lifts?

JRegister

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/Max Tow
So I’m thinking about having a local shop near me install the ReadyLift 2.5” SST coil spacer lift (as seen here )

I was also going to have them install:
- Synergy Adjustable Front Trackbar
- Synergy Sector Shaft Brace

(I would do it myself, but I don’t have tools, nor the time right now to do it)

The shop is less than a mile from my house (I could walk there), and they have great reviews. Plus the owner has been very responsive and said they can do the work. They do custom work on classic cars, as well as the usual tires, brakes, oil changes, etc

My only hang up is it’s not something they’ve done before. I know spacer lifts are simple to do, but I just want to make sure everything is done right and to spec.

What would you do? Would you move on and find a shop that does lifts on a regular basis?

Also, the closest 4x4 shop that does lifts & such is around 50 minutes or so away from me…

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks so much!

Jonathan
Sponsored

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
I have never done those but feel I could do both without a problem. A well equipped shop with men that turn wrenches every day should accomplish this without a problem. It comes down to your comfort level. If you dont feel comfortable with them then you should be preparing for a 50 minute drive.

*Disclaimer...this is just my opinion and it ain't worth much. If it goes to shit it wasn't my fault.

Good luck!

OP
OP

JRegister

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/Max Tow
I have never done those but feel I could do both without a problem. A well equipped shop with men that turn wrenches every day should accomplish this without a problem. It comes down to your comfort level. If you dont feel comfortable with them then you should be preparing for a 50 minute drive.

*Disclaimer...this is just my opinion and it ain't worth much. If it goes to shit it wasn't my fault.

Good luck!
ha ha! Love the disclaimer.

great feedback! That’s kinda of what I’ve been thinking that a good shop should be able to do it.

appreciate it @361Sean!!

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Ive installed several lifts over the years and ended up having a shop do my last spacer lift for me. It was convenient, and it knew they did it right. Turned out fine.

I did do my own adjustable front track bar and mpp lower control arms...but took it back to the shop for them to make sure the geometry was correct (which it wasn’t and they corrected)

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Those would be a joke to install for any tech worth their salt, speaking as a former tech of nearly a decade. You have nothing to worry about if they're a well-rated shop and do broad repair work (i.e. not just a tire and lube) or are a dedicated suspension & alignment shop.

Sponsored

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
This brings back memories of my old man. Back in the 70's, he used to buy $400 junk cars, fix them up, and sell them for $500. Anyway, when it came time to compress springs, his method employed a pair of pliers, 2x6, a bottle jack, and a roll of baling wire. It was really quite exciting!:whew:

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
This brings back memories of my old man. Back in the 70's, he used to buy $400 junk cars, fix them up, and sell them for $500. Anyway, when it came time to compress springs, his method employed a pair of pliers, 2x6, a bottle jack, and a roll of baling wire. It was really quite exciting!:whew:
I had to do something similar on my jku at first...accept i used a LOT of zip ties to keep it compressed.
Sponsored