Sponsored

Thoughts on Kenwood KFC replacement speakers?

enrico_pallazzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 Scrambler & 21 Mojave
Occupation
Opera singer, occasional umpire
Hi all. I'm looking to replace all front speakers in my Mojave, which has the "upgraded" 8.4" system with the Apline "Premium" Audio package. I'm looking for more clear, clean, crisp sound, considering the noise in the cabin. I was thinking I'd go with the Kenwood Excelon KFC-X3C for the uppers and KFC-1796PS for the lowers kick panel.

Has anyone made this upgrade and, if so, what do you think of the results? Worth the upgrade? Should I consider something else? Would love some input on how to get best results. Thanks.
Sponsored

Reactions: mog

Discount Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee and 2021 jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Electrician at FCA
I put KFC-x3c in upper dash love them, you will need an adaptor took 10 minutes to install.Overall a great upgrade for the time and money spent.I loved them so much i put them in overhead soundbar also.

Reactions: mog

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Mojave Sarge
Occupation
Gunsmith
A good quality coaxial speaker to replace the dash is going to drown the lower kick speakers out. Most all of the sound you are hearing is coming from the dash. My advise, replace them first and see how it sounds. It may save you the frustration and expense of replacing the lower kicks.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
I'm looking for more clear, clean, crisp sound, considering the noise in the cabin. I was thinking I'd go with the Kenwood Excelon KFC-X3C for the uppers and KFC-1796PS for the lowers kick panel.
Would you say you're looking for extra crispy from your KFC?

OP
OP
enrico_pallazzo

enrico_pallazzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 Scrambler & 21 Mojave
Occupation
Would you say you're looking for extra crispy from your KFC?

Hell yea, I want extra crisp(y)! I was wondering when a KFC joke would make it's way into this thread.

Sponsored

OP
OP
enrico_pallazzo

enrico_pallazzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 Scrambler & 21 Mojave
Occupation
A good quality coaxial speaker to replace the dash is going to drown the lower kick speakers out. Most all of the sound you are hearing is coming from the dash. My advise, replace them first and see how it sounds. It may save you the frustration and expense of replacing the lower kicks.
Yea, you are right. And the location of the kick panel speaker will really limit any impact on sound stage, but the ones in the truck now are almost useless - they add nearly nothing in terms of bass or mid-range. I'd like the dash to create a nice sound stage, but the lowers to fill in with mid and bass to make a more full sound.

area5179

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I put KFC-x3c in upper dash love them, you will need an adaptor took 10 minutes to install.Overall a great upgrade for the time and money spent.I loved them so much i put them in overhead soundbar also.
What adapter is needed? Nothing is listed on Crutchfield's website.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
What adapter is needed? Nothing is listed on Crutchfield's website.
Mine came with the Metra adapaters when I placed the order. Tell it what vehicle you want the speakers for, and it should show all the options, where they fit, and the required adapters.

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
Ive got the 7" Uconnect and the Alpine aftermarket amp / sub upgrade PSS-23WRA.

I found the factory speakers were far better with the Alpine amp powering them, but I was lacking oomph from the front end. The sound system felt overpowered from the rear. Upgrading to the Kenwood X3C`s was the missing piece of the puzzle, and balanced everything out really nicely.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I put Kenwood in the dash and sound bar with my 7" screen. Along with the kicker amp and 6" JL audio sub under the rear seat. The comment I get the most is this is really crisp and clear. I pver powered one of the Kenwood dash speakers and it popped. They are hard to find right now so I tried the JL audio 3.5 inch C2 series. I would say the kenwoods were crisper, but the JL audios seem to handle the power better. All in all a solid upgrade definetly worth thetime and effort.
Sponsored