Thoughts? Steinjager bought Ace Engineering assets

heftysmurf

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
So placed my order for an Ace front bumper a couple of weeks ago and just perusing their site looking at sliders and noticed the front page. A little bummed because I had Ace stuff on my JKU and it was quality…Steinjager…not sure if they’d uphold that. Maybe I’m goofy but wanted to hear thoughts.

“On June 4, 2021 Steinjäger purchased the assets of Ace Engineering and will be transitioning the Ace factory in Michigan to the Steinjäger factory in Illinois during the months of June and July. During this
time there may be a few weeks delay as we move things over, but the Ace team is
assisting the Steinjäger team to ensure a smooth transition.”
Sponsored

TheRealGinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Yea I am curious how this will impact Ace's products and people currently running the business...I have front/rear bumpers and their trail doors for my JLU I am trading for a Gladiator. I plan to buy some more stuff from them for my Gladiator but we shall see. I looked up Steinjager and everything they have looks tacky and busch league...

Caspien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 GC Trailhawk
Occupation
I.T. Architect
I've been in contact with John, at Steinjager in the last day, regarding my sliders that I had on order for 3 weeks already... found out they're extending my order lead time another 6 weeks... so it'll be *9* Weeks from the time of ordering.

He promised that they would be sticking with the same quality, and design... so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'm actually happy that they're only a couple of hours away, at least.. means I can do direct pickups, instead of relying on a shipping company to not ding up something in shipping.

Hopefully, this is a change that makes zero difference to any of the customers.... I WILL say, however, I have a bad taste in my mouth over this whole switch. The least that ACE could have done, is telling their customers, ahead of time, that there was a potentially extended wait coming up (beyond their usual 3-5 weeks they had).

I'm just happy I didn't order the trail doors, and upper decker that I was planning on purchasing this month. I'll wait to see how the quality is with the new manufacturer, before I make that decision.

As for their current product choices.... meh.... I don't like the color schemes and such, but there's always that one person who doesn't understand subtlety when adding stuff to their Jeep. Someone may as well make a profit off of it. *shrug*

~Casp

David2020JT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiatior Rubicon
Occupation
Banker
I've got a front fender, inner liners, and the rock sliders from Ace. Love them all. Thus, was totally disappointed to see Ace sell. That said, I always had problems with shipping times with Ace so perhaps Steinjager will improve that? I do have a couple of concerns with the new owners... first their website looks a little unprofessional... I mean a few more $ into the marketing budget wouldn't hurt and makes me question the quality of what they're making. Second, and more importantly, when you select "shop by vehicle" they don't even have a Gladiator option. Based on the verbiage on the Ace website stating "we purchased the assets" sounds like a bank sale. Sorry to see Ace go but hoping Steinjager keeps some of their products for future builds.

Sponsored

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
I had a feeling Ace was running into issues. I ran pretty much the whole kit on my JK. It was awesome and well priced. When I got my Gladiator I thought there selection was pretty poor. Just sliders and front bumper plus the upper deck. No rear bumper or anything. Seemed like the stopped making stuff. Sad to see them be sold.

OP
OP
heftysmurf

heftysmurf

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah. Pretty bummed. I’m only halfway through the “6 week delivery” time so I’ll give it a few more but I really hope my bumper comes as it’s really the only one I dig.

Certainly wish them luck but I’d have hoped to see it on here before I posted.

OP
OP
heftysmurf

heftysmurf

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been in contact with John, at Steinjager in the last day, regarding my sliders that I had on order for 3 weeks already... found out they're extending my order lead time another 6 weeks... so it'll be *9* Weeks from the time of ordering.

He promised that they would be sticking with the same quality, and design... so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'm actually happy that they're only a couple of hours away, at least.. means I can do direct pickups, instead of relying on a shipping company to not ding up something in shipping.

Hopefully, this is a change that makes zero difference to any of the customers.... I WILL say, however, I have a bad taste in my mouth over this whole switch. The least that ACE could have done, is telling their customers, ahead of time, that there was a potentially extended wait coming up (beyond their usual 3-5 weeks they had).

~Casp
Funny…I just spoke to John today. I’m curious if you got your sliders and if they were indeed to your expectations. Doubtful you received them though, and this marks my 6th week since ordering and I was told today it could be another 6 weeks.

I too have a bad taste from this experience. I spoke to AJ from Ace on June 1 specificially about the 5-6 week lead time and he said, “The lead time is accurate at the moment”. This was 3 DAYS before they sold to them which the kinda smart side of me thinks it wasn't spur of the moment. Really torqued about this and glad it was only the bumper I ordered.

Caspien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I.T. Architect
Funny…I just spoke to John today. I’m curious if you got your sliders and if they were indeed to your expectations. Doubtful you received them though, and this marks my 6th week since ordering and I was told today it could be another 6 weeks.

I too have a bad taste from this experience. I spoke to AJ from Ace on June 1 specificially about the 5-6 week lead time and he said, “The lead time is accurate at the moment”. This was 3 DAYS before they sold to them which the kinda smart side of me thinks it wasn't spur of the moment. Really torqued about this and glad it was only the bumper I ordered.
Haven't gotten mine yet. I ordered mine in May, and was told a 3-5 week lead time.

After I saw the buyout info on the Ace Website, I reached out, and was told it would be 6 weeks from the day I contacted them... that was June 16th, so tomorrow will be week 3.

Not gonna lie, the lack of those sliders has changed a bunch of our plans, already... and while I agreed to give them 6 weeks, again, from June 16th.. I AM still a bit twitchy about it.

The upside, however, is that they're 2 hours North of me.. so I'll probably just drive up there and pick them up, when they're ready. (John already said they're good with that)

That SAID, I've also willingly passed up a few other slider options that appealed to me, during the 4th of July sales that were going on, everywhere... So, if this doesn't pan out, I'm sure I'll become a bit more vocal ;)

What sucks, is that, originally, we were looking at their trail doors and an upper decker... originally the wife agreed to JUST the sliders, and then a couple of weeks ago, we decided on the upper decker... BUT, there's no way I'm giving them more business, until they can prove they can at least fill their current (overdue) orders.

~ Casp

OP
OP
heftysmurf

heftysmurf

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What sucks, is that, originally, we were looking at their trail doors and an upper decker... originally the wife agreed to JUST the sliders, and then a couple of weeks ago, we decided on the upper decker... BUT, there's no way I'm giving them more business, until they can prove they can at least fill their current (overdue) orders.

~ Casp

Yeah -- I hear you. I even asked on June 1 if they were making a rear bumper and NOTHING in that e-mail indicated that they were selling. To the contrary, I was told that they're trying to come up with a bumper that ties into Rubi bed sliders...

RE: the 4th sales...Yeah, I'm bummed as I passed up a few for a bumper waiting on this. It's unfortunate that their bumper is the only one that appeals to me.

If you jump ship on the sliders, I can assure you that the Rock Hard sliders are amazing and exceeded my expectations!

Good luck and if you don't mind, chime in if/when you get your sliders. I'd like to hear if quality has changed.

Kris

Sponsored

Ranbo

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Eco Diesel
Occupation
Plumber
I ordered the Ace rock sliders on June 2nd. No hint of a sale at time of my purchase. No sliders as of yet.

Caspien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I.T. Architect
Yeah -- I hear you. I even asked on June 1 if they were making a rear bumper and NOTHING in that e-mail indicated that they were selling. To the contrary, I was told that they're trying to come up with a bumper that ties into Rubi bed sliders...

RE: the 4th sales...Yeah, I'm bummed as I passed up a few for a bumper waiting on this. It's unfortunate that their bumper is the only one that appeals to me.

If you jump ship on the sliders, I can assure you that the Rock Hard sliders are amazing and exceeded my expectations!

Good luck and if you don't mind, chime in if/when you get your sliders. I'd like to hear if quality has changed.

Kris
Will do.

I actually contemplated a few other sliders, but my wife made it clear that if I want to put a lift on the already high Rubicon (she's 5'2) I needed to have steps that she can use... We compromised on the Ace sliders... Unfortunately, now that everything is out a lot further than planned, she's definitely getting to rub it in.

~Casp

just_another_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Rock Hard just jacked up their prices pretty significantly. Might still be a good deal, but it put them beyond what I'm willing to pay. Kinda sucks because I was going to order a set when they came back in stock.

Sammar

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Teacher
I was unaware of the sale. I ordered my rock sliders on June 25th. I reached out to them this week and on July 6th I got an update saying, "we're about 4 weeks out on your order". The email was signed John but the address line in the email says Nick Ellis. I don't know why the 2 different names but I hope the 4 weeks is accurate

OP
OP
heftysmurf

heftysmurf

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rock Hard just jacked up their prices pretty significantly. Might still be a good deal, but it put them beyond what I'm willing to pay. Kinda sucks because I was going to order a set when they came back in stock.

Look at that -- they sure did. I got mine a month ago and they definitely weren't $800. That's a bummer but I am relatively certain that the shortage of steel is driving this. It'd be nice if things leveled out in a year or so.
Sponsored