Sponsored

Three kids in the back

hoch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I’ve got 3 young kids. One in booster, one rear facing and one 10 year old (no car seat). Wondering how comfortable they will be. I’ve never had a Wrangler.

Anyone in similar situation? Anyone been on a long road trip with 3 kids?
Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
There is a member on here who has a seat recommendation, gets you 3 wide on car seats. The 10to is gonna have to rough it up front because you’ve only got 5 seats.

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
I’ve got 3 young kids. One in booster, one rear facing and one 10 year old (no car seat). Wondering how comfortable they will be. I’ve never had a Wrangler.

Anyone in similar situation? Anyone been on a long road trip with 3 kids?
We have got 3 across with convertible car seats in our JLU. So you should be fine with one of the 3 being a booster. I would recommend the Diono Radian as it is super safe/narrow/converts 3 ways. It's just not cheap, but with 3 uses you will get your money's worth!

OP
OP

hoch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
We have got 3 across with convertible car seats in our JLU. So you should be fine with one of the 3 being a booster. I would recommend the Diono Radian as it is super safe/narrow/converts 3 ways. It's just not cheap, but with 3 uses you will get your money's worth!
Thanks! I actually use a Radian! I’m hoping for more room than my Tacoma right now. It’s tight back there.

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
Thanks! I actually use a Radian! I’m hoping for more room than my Tacoma right now. It’s tight back there.
Compared to the Tacoma... I'm thinking there's more room for legs, but I would imagine width could be the same or worse.

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
We have a 12, 18, and 21 year old. But we've been hauling them all in Jeeps for years.

The JL/JT have plenty of head and leg room. FAR more than Tacoma. But the hip room is a little tight and I don't like the hump in the middle of the floor.

Went on a 8 hour round trip a few weekends ago. Nobody killed each other. :)

OP
OP

hoch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
. Picture for reference

Screenshot_20190228-185752_Instagram.jpg
Thanks. We’ve had big seats like that but since our 2nd kid, we switched to Diono’s, which are much slimmer. I think it will work. We will have to go to a dealership to test it out.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
We have a 12, 18, and 21 year old. But we've been hauling them all in Jeeps for years.

The JL/JT have plenty of head and leg room. FAR more than Tacoma. But the hip room is a little tight and I don't like the hump in the middle of the floor.

Went on a 8 hour round trip a few weekends ago. Nobody killed each other. :)
how skinny are the kids and does the 21 year old still live at home? We have a neighbor who's son still lives at home and he's like 30. Its getting weird.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
how skinny are the kids and does the 21 year old still live at home? We have a neighbor who's son still lives at home and he's like 30. Its getting weird.
They're all average size. The two older boys are both in college, so they're in and out from week to week.

Sponsored

Dwosgood

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2000 TJ
I have a 4 year old in a rear facing diono, and 8 year old in a Peg Perego booster, and another Diono installed in the middle for a newborn (six days old today). It’s obviously cramped side to side in the back seat but there’s plenty of empty space in the floorboard area.

The newborn’s seat will not be installed permanently because my wife is the primary chauffeur for the newest addition to the family.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
You guys are killing me here. My wife wants another kid and I told her we can't because you can only fit one car seat and the dog in the back.

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
You guys are killing me here. My wife wants another kid and I told her we can't because you can only fit one car seat and the dog in the back.
dog can ride bitch but its tight. I have two and they dont fit cause they are big. They get the bed tho.

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
My wife wanted another kid...I bought her a cat!

Dwosgood

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2000 TJ
My wife and I made a deal that I could get the Gladiator if we could fit three seats in the back (we already had our third on the way so there was no escaping that). Otherwise I was looking at having to buy another boring full size truck.
Sponsored