Threedom Model S+ Sport .....New Buttonless Fob

Threedom

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Reaction score
Website
www.mythreedom.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
We just recently released our Model S+ fob (sliding key built-in) which serves all those with power door locks. We haven't forgotten about the Jeeps with manual door locks, those who need the key the most.

Our industrial design team has been working on the buttonless S+ design with the intention of reducing the size and improving the experience. We have concepted several different designs and ultimately landed on the two concepts shown in the photos. These offer the greatest reduction in size while incorporating the sliding key and providing a better user experience (more comfortable).

The softer shaped fob feels better to hold and is less "harsh" while the angular shape appears less "blob-like". We'd love to get feedback from the group as to which design is most preferred.

A small snippet of sketches is included below to give a sense of the different concepts we considered.

Model S+--1.jpg
Model S+--2.jpg
Teaser.jpg
Advertisement

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
Wow this is hilarious. I just sent a message asking almost this exact thing to you.... Wow the timing

But! Feedback. And this is just me and others could disagree. I think that keeping it more "Traditional" in shape not making it ergo, would just end up looking better. I like the look of the Jeep grille sketch (1st on with it on the main body of the fob), reminds you that it IS a Jeep. If you hard set on the final 2, id say the slightly more angular design, with just bit more edge taken off of the grip points on the front face, the exterior edge looks great, along with the back edge. Overall thanks for not forgetting about the Sports, but I'd personally love to to see a bit more Jeep in it for me.

(still would probably buy it as is though lol)

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like the smaller fob that does not include the key.

But I want to make sure I'm not locked out if the fob battery dies.

Is there a work around that I don't understand? Or should I just get the larger one that holds the key if I don't want to trust the electronics?

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
I like the smaller fob that does not include the key.

But I want to make sure I'm not locked out if the fob battery dies.

Is there a work around that I don't understand? Or should I just get the larger one that holds the key if I don't want to trust the electronics?
A couple different options:
1) Hide a key on the outside of the Jeep somewhere. Key blanks are available.
2) Use a Threedom key holder and put it on a ring with the fob. Less likely to stab you…

Kevin

OP
OP
Threedom

Threedom

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Reaction score
Website
www.mythreedom.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
A couple different options:
1) Hide a key on the outside of the Jeep somewhere. Key blanks are available.
2) Use a Threedom key holder and put it on a ring with the fob. Less likely to stab you…

Kevin

Yup.....

And here is a pic of the key holders we offer that hold the stock key...

https://mythreedom.com/
Capture.JPG

Key Holder Options.png

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you. I don't carry a key ring so I'd rather just a fob. My preference is for a larger fob rather than a smaller one with a key attached on a ring.

Thank you.

So I need to figure out if I want to store it outside the vehicle or use a model S+ Fob.

Thanks.

jibberjabbs

First Name
JB
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Engineer
Thank you for considering us Base model guys! I suggest a Base level price for this housing too.

OP
OP
Threedom

Threedom

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Reaction score
Website
www.mythreedom.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Jeep Gladiator Sport Owner's ... Available now! ..... and.....

We have been getting lots of very positive feedback in regard to our buttonless, Model S+ Sport.

Available in different colors and in different textures....
https://mythreedom.com/

choose.jpg

The Model S+ Sport (buttonless) has the same locking key function that the very popular S+ has.. The key locks firmly in both the extended and closed positions..

Picture of a Model S+ Sport (buttonless) / Black with Smooth Texture posted by a forum member..

Model S+ Sport.jpg

Advertisement

Advertisement