First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
You read stuff about throttle boosters and the gears start turning. But no matter how much you try to justify it, all it does is push the pedal a little harder for you.

0% throttle is still 0, 100% is still 100%, just now 25% becomes 40%. If I wanted 40% throttle, I'll just press my foot down more and save $300.

MCATDT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I really like my Pedal Commander but not for acceleration boost like most people base their purchase. I like the eco mode for off-roading. The reduced throttle response in this setting really is great for crawling and giving a bit more control on technical obstacles.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
You read stuff about throttle boosters and the gears start turning. But no matter how much you try to justify it, all it does is push the pedal a little harder for you.

0% throttle is still 0, 100% is still 100%, just now 25% becomes 40%. If I wanted 40% throttle, I'll just press my foot down more and save $300.
No, it eliminates the deadspot when you first press the accelerator pedal down. The difference isn't at like 25% or 40%. It's more like at 1% to 15%. Without the throttle controller, it does nothing for a second, then suddenly opens. With the controller, input is instantaneous. It also has great modes for off-road. Some have a dedicated off-road mode, some just have some custom econ modes you can tweak. It eliminates the delay, and also allows more subtlety if you put it in off-road mode, great for feathering the throttle very lightly. In that case, it pushes it more softly for you, but allows for greater control.

That said, I unplugged mine like months ago when I went in for service, and haven't plugged it back in. I've gotten used to the "laid back" throttle response in stock mode. I'd still welcome it off-road if I were to try something more technical.
It's kind of like how some cars have sport mode, econ mode, etc. No, it doesn't make it faster. But it makes it much more responsive.

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a Hike-It X9 and it makes the truck much more responsive.

I also turn it way down when I'm in traffic to make it easier to drive smoothly.

Overall, the Hike-It does exactly what its supposed to do. But the funny thing is that I find that of all the settings the Hike-It offers, I like the stock setting just as much as any.

So I may sell it. I'm torn.

ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
F-35 Weapons Instructor
I have the HikeIt X9 and love it. Eco mode for off-roading and sport or cruise mode for around town. And of course HikeIt mode for those rips through town! I also use HikeIt when playing in the sand. They have a newer version out now but can’t seeing selling the x9 for the newer one.

El Barto

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Mercury Cougar ‘73
Best mod you an do… No more on/off switch but instant response

a48jeep

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Ecodiesel, 1975 CJ6 and 1998 TJ6
Occupation
Estimator/PM Commercial Glass
I have the evc, Ultimate9 on my Ecodiesel. I find it useful, spirited even. For icy-snowy conditions the Eco setting is very handy.

Sponsored

kc mojave

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 mojave
Occupation
service advisor
just installed banks pedal monster. i was a bit skeptical, but this product has made a believer out of me. highly recommend for anyone looking for some extra pep from their jeep. 👍

SaplingT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction
I also have the Banks Pedal Monster and it's changed the way the truck drives dramatically. Zero initial lag, tunable response. I would definitely pay the 300 dollars again!

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
I had a Sprint Booster and it was just okay, bought it used from a fellow forum member. Took it off for a visit to the dealer and never put it back on. I have since bought the Banks. Very happy with the Banks. With a manual transmission I have it set to do nothing until 10 mph. Nice feature for manual guys that might need to finesse a situation. I don't understand the poo-poo these things get. Some factory vehicles have different modes and one of the perimeters that is changed is throttle response. If you can put a controller on it and dial it to your liking, why not do it? Tens of thousands of people have them and are happy, some vehicles have them from the factory. Still you get the poo-poo, push the pedal harder, snake oil, doesn't do anything, whatever. I like the Banks.

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
HikeIt X9 ... Cruise Mode 3 ... perfect for DD, no complaints
Sponsored