First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired bum
I have a Pedal Commander, it works fine. It took the laziness out of the throttle response.
Sponsored

redfish

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT
Occupation
Strategic Account Executive
I have the Banks, round town my mileage went down about 1 mpg but have set on like sport 5, now on highway trips it gets into 8 gear at 50 mph and holds it dramatically longer on inclines and headwinds so my hwy mileage has gone up 2-3 mpg (33's with 3:73) Just another perspective on how they work

22_Sarge_Sport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S
I don't get it. Every one of these threads is identical; it's always:

1. some people making illogical claims about what these devices do, like "boosting acceleration" or changing shift points
  2. some people (correctly) pointing out that everything the vehicle can do WITH one, it can do WITHOUT one, just by pushing the go pedal further, and
  3. some people acknowledging that sure, these pedals don't add any capability, they just like the pedal feel better - they prefer to have more throttle come on earlier in the pedal travel, so they don't have to deal with as much overall up-and-down (OR, for use cases like off-roading, they might want MORE gas pedal travel early on, to control it more precisely).

Then we do it again in a few days. The fact is the first little bit of pedal travel on these vehicles is sluggish in terms of throttle on purpose- for crawling carefully over stuff. If you're used to a sports car, it feels like you have to really step on it to get it to go. To make it giddyup, either stomp on the skinny pedal or have a little doohickey amplify the TPS reading and stomp on it less, if you like. It's all good.

I hereby resolve to never stick my head into a pedal boost thread after this one!

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
I'm torn on getting something like this - I get the feeling that the stock tune is playing games delaying the throttle response between shifts particularly, as if I'm going to blow up the glass clutch shifting from 2nd to 3rd at 3,000 rpm. This is different from the overall throttle response being too sluggish (which I actually think it's the opposite).

If one of these would eliminate that and let me control the throttle body without argument, that would be worth every penny.

OverBrass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I have the HikeIt X9 and love it. Eco mode for off-roading and sport or cruise mode for around town. And of course HikeIt mode for those rips through town! I also use HikeIt when playing in the sand. They have a newer version out now but can’t seeing selling the x9 for the newer one.
heard about this recently from a rubicon guy, he loves it. No long term issues or possible issues to engine or transmission?

considering for my 21 JT - I don’t really mind the current throttle response though, I’m on 2.5in lift with 35s and it’s fine, but I drove his rubicon shortly and the thing picked up quick! Here’s the setting he had it on. Sounds like a good add but not crucial, as it doesn’t add any HP/torque per say… but cheap enough to just send it!

4CCB427B-31D7-44D2-9D3D-7FB910C53736.jpeg
Sponsored