Throttle controller

Wiggy

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
anybody install or planning to install the idrive throttle controller? Any pros/cons?

Advertisement

Foxtrot

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Rubicon (sold), 2008 Rubicon (sold), 2003 Musso, 2016 Outback, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon (ordered)
anybody install or planning to install the idrive throttle controller? Any pros/cons?
I wouldn't bother. Some people swear by throttle controllers, but ALL they do is make the computer think you're pressing a little harder on the gas.

mmollo

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, 1985 CJ7, F-250, BMW X5, Ferrari California, Lamborghini Aventador
I have one on my F-250 and my Gladiator.
I love them. Big big difference on my Ford and I’m very happy with the results on my Jeep. They were like $300. A lot of bang for the buck.

XJ2JTChris

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S on 35's, Mopar 2" lift, `96 XJ, 97 ZJ, `99 Camaro LS1
I think it's simply "tricking" the computer too, but I once spent $400 on a CAI just for the simple fact that it increased my throttle response. I didn't care if it only brought 5hp or no extra hp, I really disliked the lag on that vehicle and I HATE the dead spot/delay the new Jeeps have so I'm seriously considering one as well. Sorry I don't have any first hand experience to contribute yet, but I can give you suggestions based on experience with other vehicles. If you're looking for serious power gains, this isn't the way to go. If you simply want better throttle response, and I mean that in the most basic simple way possible, then yes I think the concept behind this is perfect. If you pull the trigger be sure to post up your review! Good luck.

AlwaysRecord

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT/MT Rubicon.
Any of you guys have a M/T? I've been looking at these (sprint booster, Idrive & PC) - curious as how they would preform in a M/T

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
I've been debating on this too..

I had an idrvie on my jk and loved it. But the JK needed it, the throttle response was TERRIBLE.
I don't have a ton of complaints with the JT throttle. Yes it has a tiny lag but nothing like the JK