Throttle controllers on Ecodiesel

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I have a buddy with the same truck as me, we got to talking about throttle controllers. I feel the JT has plenty of get up and go, but he wanted some extra “go” when you stomp the skinny pedal from a stop.

Have any of you ran an iDrive or Pedal Commander? There seems to be plenty out there relating to the 3.6, but not the 3.0 diesel.

I personally don’t like the idea of this stuff, especially with just over 1,000 miles into the 100,000 mile power train warranty.
Sponsored

Gladiator Overland

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubi Diesel. Toyota 4Runner
The best ones I have seen are the banks pedal commander and the Ultimate 9 USA Pedal Controller. Two separate designs two different use cases. Stand alone like the ultimate 9 better if you going to use a gauge, ability to have a programmer then the banks is the better option as it integrates with their whole suite of products.

OP
OP
Jefe1018

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I've got an iDrive, night and day difference for drivability. No issues in the 27K miles I've had it installed.
I've noticed the eco-diesel won't really 'go' from a dead stop when you stomp the accelerator, a throttle controller manipulates the voltage being sent to the sensors, but unlike a tune, it won't really help with turbo lag will it?

LetzGoState

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
I've noticed the eco-diesel won't really 'go' from a dead stop when you stomp the accelerator, a throttle controller manipulates the voltage being sent to the sensors, but unlike a tune, it won't really help with turbo lag will it?
I have a pedal monster, derringer, and data monster. The throttle controller does make a huge difference. Put it on high, and you may not be driving a ferrari, but you can feel the difference. The weak point is the transmission shift points, seems like it could shift more aggressively and at higher RPM (at least to me). I actually quite enjoy turning it up all of the way and asking family and friends if they'd like to drive. First time they let off the break and give it gas it's fun to see their reaction :LOL:

Hondo1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Ecodiesel
Occupation
Oil and gas
I’m running the Pedal Monster and have no complaints. You just have to understand how they work and set your expectations accordingly.
Sponsored