Bradt530

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
What is the best option to cut out the delay in throttle response with out breaking the band looking for around $300.00?
Can the ZAutomotive Tazer JL mini help there? I mentioned this because after reading another thread on here about installing a trail camera (OME) since mine didn't come with one. You would have to enable it and the ZAutomotive Tazer JL mini would do that. My 2020 Jeep Rubicon Gladiator came with almost all the options. Since I didn't order it and somebody bought it and traded it in with only 495 miles on it (why would anyone do it ?).

Being that it was used I got a great deal on it. I saw the proto type about 3 or so years ago. I have this picture on my phone I really liked it and good thing Jeep didn't too many changes. Now if they would just fix the wandering at hiway speeds and help us out on GPM.

Jeep Gladiator Throttle Response jeep truck-2
Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
What is the best option to cut out the delay in throttle response with out breaking the band looking for around $300.00?
Can the ZAutomotive Tazer JL mini help there? I mentioned this because after reading another thread on here about installing a trail camera (OME) since mine didn't come with one. You would have to enable it and the ZAutomotive Tazer JL mini would do that. My 2020 Jeep Rubicon Gladiator came with almost all the options. Since I didn't order it and somebody bought it and traded it in with only 495 miles on it (why would anyone do it ?).

Being that it was used I got a great deal on it. I saw the proto type about 3 or so years ago. I have this picture on my phone I really liked it and good thing Jeep didn't too many changes. Now if they would just fix the wandering at hiway speeds and help us out on GPM.

jeep truck-2.jpg

I have had the iDrive on my JT and on my last JK. Definitely recommended.
I haven't used the other brands but I'm sure they are good too

As for the wandering steering. They did fix that. It's a TSB and has its own thread here.
New box and an flash for the electric pump

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I have the Idrive which was great in my opinon for the throttle and shifting. But I would think the Peddle Commander would offer the same type of functions. Suggest reading up on both and checking out reviews and recommendations.

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
Brad the TrailRecon guy installed one of the Pedal Commander things on his Jeep. He said it was kinda cool on the street, but completely useless off-road. He removed it very shortly after install.

Just a data point.

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brad the TrailRecon guy installed one of the Pedal Commander things on his Jeep. He said it was kinda cool on the street, but completely useless off-road. He removed it very shortly after install.

Just a data point.
That guy puts stuff on and off so much on his vehicles. Seems like he and others just put stuff on and off to create content for videos. I would agree with him though I don't think it would have much use for off road although the Idrive so they say if you put it in like Eco1 mode or so could maybe have some use. Its mostly for the daily driving street use though.

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Love the step side bed on that concept. Where are the aftermarket step side beds. Come on already!!!!

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
That guy puts stuff on and off so much on his vehicles. Seems like he and others just put stuff on and off to create content for videos. I would agree with him though I don't think it would have much use for off road although the Idrive so they say if you put it in like Eco1 mode or so could maybe have some use. Its mostly for the daily driving street use though.
Brad and other YouTubers definitely try out gear. That's one of the objectives of their channels. But Brad is very good about giving his honest opinion. If he removes something from his Jeeps, it's typically because he didn't like it. Sometimes he just wants to change things up. For example, he recently removed the bed rack and roof top tent from his Gladiator to try sleeping in a swag and a pop up tent.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brad and other YouTubers definitely try out gear. That's one of the objectives of their channels. But Brad is very good about giving his honest opinion. If he removes something from his Jeeps, it's typically because he didn't like it. Sometimes he just wants to change things up. For example, he recently removed the bed rack and roof top tent from his Gladiator to try sleeping in a swag and a pop up tent.
Yep I like to watch his channel. Was just looking last night and saw he has stripped down all the stuff on his gladiator

OP
OP
Bradt530

Bradt530

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Love the step side bed on that concept. Where are the aftermarket step side beds. Come on already!!!!
I do too. But al in all they kept the look. I saw that picture in 2017. Saved to to my phone. Now i just need to take a pic of mine

Sponsored

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
i installed the idrive and I do not think it did much for the off idle dead spot, Infact I think it amplified it as now the throttle reaction is quicker. If you push a bit hard from a stop it will jump, since you will or I do release the peddle so as to not jack rabbit take off.
I have tried both U and eco modes. Eco can delay it enough to not notice it but then it is such a dog off of the line it is annoying.
Do need to put in here that I am currently using U2 setting.

Last edited:

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Before you spend the money on a throttle controller, try turning off the traction control and see if that gives you the response you're looking for.

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
I leave my I drove in U2 and it's perfect for me. I've never experienced a dead spot, with or with out a controller

Reactions: BAT

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I leave my I drove in U2 and it's perfect for me. I've never experienced a dead spot, with or with out a controller
That is where mine is currently at for a while now seems to be a sweet spot for me. I switch it to Eco mode when towing something.

Slyboots2313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Do these options do anything to change the power band/shift points. Mostly curious if they help with bigger tires for those of us not in a hurry to regear.
Sponsored