steve0819

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cts
Hello,

I'm planning on going on a snowboard trip this weekend so I was browsing around craigslist for a roof rack that would fit all of our snowboards.

I read in some other threads that any gutter system rail will fit the JL. Can anyone confirm this?

I just want to make sure the fit works for my wrangler before I go ahead and purchase it from the seller.

Any advice would be appreciated. Pictures attached below:

Thule Gutter Feet
Thule Square Bar
Thule Flat Top 725

ss.jpg

sss.jpg
Sponsored

stewartld

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Did you check the Thule website? It'll tell you which of their roof rails fit any specific car. Also, I'm pretty sure the Jeep standard roof rack and basket are actually rebadged Thule.

RocketScientist

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F150
Vehicle Showcase
I have the similar Thule gutter mounts - for Aerobars though. Works fine. I have a Thule box. Might want to check FS forum, some Thule stuff there (including an extra set of Aerobars I have)

Sponsored

Cmcclaflin31

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Yj Wrangler, 18 JLUS, 82 J10 Pickup
Occupation
Ford Tech
Hello,

I'm planning on going on a snowboard trip this weekend so I was browsing around craigslist for a roof rack that would fit all of our snowboards.

I read in some other threads that any gutter system rail will fit the JL. Can anyone confirm this?

I just want to make sure the fit works for my wrangler before I go ahead and purchase it from the seller.

Any advice would be appreciated. Pictures attached below:

Thule Gutter Feet
Thule Square Bar
Thule Flat Top 725

ss.jpg

sss.jpg
I have the gutter mounts with the square bars for my Jeep. Those gutter mounts look a little different than mine. I do believe there's two different heights for them, so that might be the difference. Might want to see if the seller has the part number for those mounts first. The Thule website tells you the part number to fit the Jeep. Hopefully if the seller knows the part number, it matches with what Thule says will fit.

OP
OP
steve0819

steve0819

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cts
I have the gutter mounts with the square bars for my Jeep. Those gutter mounts look a little different than mine. I do believe there's two different heights for them, so that might be the difference. Might want to see if the seller has the part number for those mounts first. The Thule website tells you the part number to fit the Jeep. Hopefully if the seller knows the part number, it matches with what Thule says will fit.
Thanks for the reply. I tried getting a part number from the seller but he does not remember since its an older model. The gutter mount does look different than the newer ones (This one is a bit straighter and taller). The seller told me that the mount should work for any car that has gutters on their roof. I just want to make sure the fit will be okay since It'll be carrying 4 snowboards.

Did you check the Thule website? It'll tell you which of their roof rails fit any specific car. Also, I'm pretty sure the Jeep standard roof rack and basket are actually rebadged Thule.
I tried looking at the site and I can't seem to find these gutter feet anymore. Most likely because its an older model.

I have the similar Thule gutter mounts - for Aerobars though. Works fine. I have a Thule box. Might want to check FS forum, some Thule stuff there (including an extra set of Aerobars I have)
Good to know. Thank you

Sponsored

RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon - Punk'n Orange
That's a blanket statement that I can't attest to. But I would assume a vast majority of them do. The Thule bars should fit, as long as they are wide enough to span the hard top

OP
OP
steve0819

steve0819

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cts
OP
OP
steve0819

steve0819

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cts
I bought this gutter roof rack for my JL and it fits perfectly.
Thanks!

That's a blanket statement that I can't attest to. But I would assume a vast majority of them do. The Thule bars should fit, as long as they are wide enough to span the hard top
Thanks. I actually haven't thought about the length of the thule bars. The seller said it was used previously on a Ford Escape. I will try and get the seller to measure the bar