Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Not a Gladiator thing, but a definite Jeep thing.
My wife drove her new 2021 Grand Cherokee home yesterday - ok, well, last night. It was a long day.
It was the easiest, least confusing, fastest trade we've EVER made.
We've owned a lot of Jeeps over the years - we lost track of how many as we tried to remember and write them all down.
We've bought from multiple dealers around Des Moines. Each had their own set of "problems" or "issues" - mostly the same old dealer stuff you run into. They try to distract, they try to confuse, they try to turn your attention elsewhere, sell you stuff you don't want or needs, sneak things in, and of course that lame old "I have to go talk with my manager........." bs while they talk about last night's ball game.
It's crazy, at one place the sales guy actually left and "went to talk to his manager" 4 times and the 4th, that "manager" came out and started the buddy buddy act, pure blarney.
None of that with Spencer's crew.

I contacted Spencer, I believe it was early August, via email - told him what we were looking at doing. I gave him the info on my wife's then current GC, including VIN.
He shot back what his offer would be on our Jeep - sight-unseen. And he backed it with evidence, numbers. He actually supplied supporting info.

We decided later that month (August) to drive up and talk in person as my wife was leaning Grand Cherokee again but I suggested she at least compare to Wrangler, etc. and make her choice based on knowing all about both, pricing and so on.
We didn't even spend an hour up there and had things figured out. No hassle. Simple, quick. It was ordered just that fast.

Friday we got an email it was in while we were an hour away shopping. We dropped everything, drove back home, grabbed her GC and drove to Spirit Lake. An hour later we drove away in her new Jeep.

I can't believe how simple it was, how organized they were and no back and forth.
We were offered a good price on the trade, right smack in the middle of what dealers were giving.
When we got there Friday, they told us there was an additional 2K savings available, and Spencer gave us the info for one of the affiliate programs, so we saved on that side, too.

After our positive experience with Motor Inn, I doubt my wife ever wants to deal with a Des Moines dealership again.
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds pretty similar to my experience at Hendricks in Concord, NC when buying my JT and back when my wife bought a Grand Cherokee in 2011. She's actually looking at buying another one now, one White trimmed out in Black. I'll be dealing with Hendricks on it if she decides to go that route. When find a good one it's hard to go elsewhere, I've been given the run around at quite a few dealerships in my area. Me and the wife have probably bought 40 vehicles in 24yrs of marriage, 20 of them brand new.

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer heywood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
every gladiator you could want
Not a Gladiator thing, but a definite Jeep thing.

After our positive experience with Motor Inn, I doubt my wife ever wants to deal with a Des Moines dealership again.
Thanks for your business! Hope you both had a safe ride home! Enjoy

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I swear the seats in that 2021 GC felt better than those in the 2018, they really didn't look much different but for me, they sat better. More of a cradling effect. It was a smooth, comfortable ride back. We hit highway 20 (4 lane) just before it got really dark. She set cruise and we had a smooth, quiet, uneventful ride back.
Sponsored