Sponsored

Tierra Del Sol March 4-6 2022

Red Hot Sloth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Well, TDS is this weekend. I know there’s only going to be apparel vendors instead of the whole enchilada. Theres also a raffle drawing on Sunday 3/6/22. But has anyone heard if theres going to be trail-run?
https://tdsdesertsafari.com/
Sponsored

OP
OP
Red Hot Sloth

Red Hot Sloth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Well, pre-covid it was pretty cool, trail-runs, lots of offroad vendors, shenanigans at the 4x4 training center out at Truckhaven in Anza Borrego Desert State Vehicle Recreation Area.
A big event put on by The Tierra Del Sol offroad club.
Last year the live event was basically cancelled due to covid restrictions. This year they couldnt guarantee there wouldnt be restrictions so they couldnt chance the $48,000.00 worth of permit fees so there wont be the large vendors, sponsors and booths.
If you follow the link in my original post you can get a better idea than the watered down picture Im painting.
But, I was wondering if anyone knows if any of the offroad organizations are planning on some trail runs through the park or the BLM land, or if anyone here plans on going.
Even though the event itself last year was cancelled there was still a lot of offroading groups out doing trail runs.

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
Sound like a cool event. I couldn’t find it on the website, do you know where the meetup will be? My wife and I are talking about heading out to the desert again to camp out. No solid plans yet.

OP
OP
Red Hot Sloth

Red Hot Sloth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Yea, its a fun event. Thats what I was asking though, if anyone knows if any of the off-road groups plan to meet-up and do a trail-run(s). Im sure theres stuff on face-book but I dont have face-book.
We’re going to head out there for at least a day-trip and so far, camping is up in the air for us but still a possibility.
We might go out and visit a friend at Glamis then head back to Ocotillo Wells. At the 4x4 training center at night theres usually some serious (and some not-so-serious) crawlers trying their hand at the gulch which I’d like to spectate again.

Sponsored

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
Yea, its a fun event. Thats what I was asking though, if anyone knows if any of the off-road groups plan to meet-up and do a trail-run(s). Im sure theres stuff on face-book but I dont have face-book.
We’re going to head out there for at least a day-trip and so far, camping is up in the air for us but still a possibility.
We might go out and visit a friend at Glamis then head back to Ocotillo Wells. At the 4x4 training center at night theres usually some serious (and some not-so-serious) crawlers trying their hand at the gulch which I’d like to spectate again.
X2 on the Facebook.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator rubicon
My gf and I will definitely be out there. Camping with some friends at Fish Creek Friday night but then cruising out to TDS desert safari 59.5 on Saturday morning. Apparently the trails will be outlined. I ran into one of the TDS members last week and he said he will be by the t-shirt stand by jack in the box Salton sea. Said follow them on Facebook. So yeah we've been looking forward to this despite it's not the whole shebang. Bringing the gladiator to test out some of my new accessories and also our JK. Maybe I will run into some of you guys. If you see me say hi.

Last edited:

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
My gf and I will definitely be out there. Camping with some friends at Fish Creek Friday night but then cruising out to TDS desert safari 59.5 on Saturday morning. Apparently the trails will be outlined. I ran into one of the TDS members last week and he said he will be by the t-shirt stand by jack in the box Salton sea. Said follow them on Facebook. So yeah we've been looking forward to this despite it's not the whole shebang. Bringing the gladiator to test out some of my new accessories and also our JK. Maybe I will run into some of you guys. If you see me say hi.

View attachment 223376

View attachment 223377
Rain tomorrow. Should be hero dirt this weekend.

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
Scratch that. Rain in San Diego, looks like nothing out there.

Sponsored