Sponsored

Time for a new Gladiator! Crash, bam, boom

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
8,300 miles on it. I am hoping it's totaled as I would rather not drive a patched up Gladiator. Dude made a left turn in front of me this morning.

Silver lining: I am ok and so is the other driver, I may end up getting a new Gladiator out of this, I had an appointment this evening for new wheels and tires, that who knows if the insurance would have covered or not.

Question for those in the know. This one had the max tow, but I no longer need that. What am I giving up, besides towing capacity, by going to the 3.73 gear ration?

2020-02-06 08.02.33.jpg

2020-02-06 07.37.53.jpg

2020-02-06 07.37.05.jpg
Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Sorry to see that. Glad everyone is OK... That plastic bumper on the Gladiator performed surprisingly well. Looks like it saved some of the suspension parts. Passenger side looks like the most damage... Hard to tell, but, it does not look totaled. I have the Rubicon with the 4:10s but, if you want 3:73 gears, the new Mojave looks awesome. The obvious advantage of the 4:10s is that you can put bigger tires on without needing a gear change.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Glad to hear you are OK. Roughly, does not look that bad. If it got totaled, It would be a decent pickup at salvage auction for a home level rebuild.

OP
OP
MomsSpaghetti

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, it will probably be salvageable. I just hate driving patched up and repaired vehicles. The radiator is shot, I think I saw oil and transmission fluid underneath. I won't know until the insurance company looks at it in the next few days

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Did any airbags deploy?

Sponsored

OP
OP
MomsSpaghetti

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, airbag blew, I couldn't shut it off afterward. Tried hitting the button but nothing.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Wow you effed up that Explorer (or whatever) pretty bad! He definitely got the worst of it, Glad you are OK.
Unless you got frame damage, that looks pretty fixable. Make sure they check out the FAD dealio, probably broke all that mechanism.

xpcdoojk

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes SLK300 MINI Cooper S Volvo XC40
That sucks. I can’t imagine it is totaled. So, getting a new Gladiator might be somewhat expensive, but the person who is at fault insurance company may agree with your need of a new vehicle, but I would be surprised. Either way I wish you luck.

JC

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
Yeah, airbag blew, I couldn't shut it off afterward. Tried hitting the button but nothing.
Eh... That may be a total (??). Oil on the ground with a motor that won't turn off can make for a nasty paper weight. Was the motor making some awful noises? Air bags opened up make for a bad time. Can you tell if the frame looked tweaked at all?

I think Michigan (just looking at your profile and guessing from your name, Detroit?) states that the repairs must exceed 75% of the value of the vehicle to be considered a total loss.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I would not get too spooled up on oil and transmission fluid being on the ground. Could just as easily be leak from the coolers up front than any actual leaks from the main bodies of the transmission or engine blocks.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MomsSpaghetti

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm in northern MI, about an hour south of the Mackinac Bridge

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Just an educated guess, but, seeing how much of a v-notch is in the front bumper, I would guess the frame rails may have gotten pulled in towards each other a bit. Time will tell if the insurance company measures how much and if they want to deal with the expense of frame repair.

arosen1997

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
LAV Turret Technician
That's terrible, glad to see you're okay, however this is the fourth time(?) someone has posted a gladiator in an accident on here and it seems like the hold up fairly well compared to most other vehicles I've seen.

OP
OP
MomsSpaghetti

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This was in town. I was only going 25-30 MPH

So, maybe no frame damage
Sponsored