First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LBZ Duramax, Q5 Quattro 2.0T
Occupation
Maintenance Lead
I’m not happy with the way the insurance company handled this at all. It should’ve been totaled out. Their original estimate was a laughable $2,800. How do I file a diminished value claim? I brought it up to the insurance guy and he blew it off. If it has to be through them and they aren’t going to want to pay then what to I do? Lawyer?
They will do anything to put out as little cash as possible. If you're good with words and writing you can negotiate yourself. otherwise consult a lawyer, then you can tell them that you've consulted a lawyer and they can do it the easy way and work with you or you can contract a lawyer and the cost goes up from there.

We went thru this a couple years ago with injury payouts after we got rear ended and totaled my wife's car. It took us 6 months of self negotiating before we came to an agreement.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MomsSpaghetti

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Hey guys, remember me? I'm back - finally. February 6th -> April 22. I got her back. She's like the 6 milion dollar truck. She's been rebuilt pretty much from the ground up. It only took 2.5 months or 76 days. I forgot how to drive her. The switches and knobs and such are all in different locations than the car I had been renting.

I am certainly looking forward to getting reacquainted with her.
Jeep Gladiator Time for a new Gladiator! Crash, bam, boom 2020-04-22 16.35.46
Jeep Gladiator Time for a new Gladiator! Crash, bam, boom 2020-04-20 16.16.16

Gladiator Overland

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubi Diesel. Toyota 4Runner
I havent gone through all the replies. But see at least the few I went through no one touch on that the max tow package also upgrades your axles to dana 44. Youll like miss this if you decode to upgrade to 35” or larger. Personally even though many do not tow this personally would be a min upgrade package if lifting or adding larger tires. Wont really affect you mall crawling, yet any time using off road can cause issues. Can on road if going 37”. Good luck.

OP
OP
MomsSpaghetti

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP
MomsSpaghetti

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I havent gone through all the replies. But see at least the few I went through no one touch on that the max tow package also upgrades your axles to dana 44. Youll like miss this if you decode to upgrade to 35” or larger. Personally even though many do not tow this personally would be a min upgrade package if lifting or adding larger tires. Wont really affect you mall crawling, yet any time using off road can cause issues. Can on road if going 37”. Good luck.
Are you saying you can’t or shouldn’t off-road with a max tow and larger tires? I’m having 33’s put on this Saturday (no lift)

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
All Gladiators have Dana 44s front and rear. Max tow gives the Rubicon WideTrac axles and 4.10 gears. There is no issue running 35s or 37s with base D44 axles.

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
I didn’t. I’m just done with fighting them.
Glad you got your Jeep back.

It would be well worth you while to so submit a diminished value claim. You don't have to fight, and there is really no down side to doing that.

OP
OP
MomsSpaghetti

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
That was an answer from 2016. Laws and case law change every year. If I were you I would find a lawyer in your area and just ask them. You or someone you know has to know a lawyer who won’t mind answering this for you without BSing you. Me and my wife used a lawyer to sue a guy/his insurance who weren’t wanting to pay medical bills from a crash. We found a lawyer who handled everything. The guy/his insurance paid our attorney’s fees and court costs on top of it. These people and their insurance should have to pay everything you can get out of them because f**k them.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
MomsSpaghetti

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah. I guess it’ll be worth it to look into. Now I just got a call from the rental company and the car i had been renting the past 2.5 months has hail damage so I need to make another claim to get that taken care of.

somebody shoot me now

xpcdoojk

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes SLK300 MINI Cooper S Volvo XC40
Yeah. I guess it’ll be worth it to look into. Now I just got a call from the rental company and the car i had been renting the past 2.5 months has hail damage so I need to make another claim to get that taken care of.

somebody shoot me now
Aw, that is crappy. Sorry.

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit

somebody shoot me now
Odd time of the year to have hail damage in Michigan. Were you aware of any hailstorms/strong thunderstorms while you were in possession of the vehicle?

OP
OP
MomsSpaghetti

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We got some a couple weekends ago. It didn’t appear to be large so I didn’t concern myself. I didn’t notice damage but should’ve known they’d go over it with a fine tooth comb.

Klsmith

First Name
Kaleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Gladiator Sport S
Dang glad everyone is ok. Hate to see a beautiful truck die like that. Idk where you are but here in california if the airbags deploy the car is totaled so bright side new truck.
Sponsored