Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Well I've wore the 37 Goodyear MTRs almost out so it's time for new tires. Got Milestar Pats and MasterCraft MXTs on the short list. Also am considering a set of Geolander MTS. Looking for something that's good on the HWY and decent off-road. I don't do much rock crawling or getting in deep mud, easy fire road trails and farm land basically. Can get the MasterCraft and Milestar in a 37 for around $1168 mounted and balanced. @Discount Tire here your chance to make me a believer. Need some free back on long term.
Sponsored

concretewolf

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Gladiator, Toyota Sequoia, Ford Taurus
I recently took my Mastercraft tires off my truck because I was not pleased with them. They were getting louder by the mile! I had the Courser C XTs on my truck

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I recently took my Mastercraft tires off my truck because I was not pleased with them. They were getting louder by the mile! I had the Courser C XTs on my truck
That's disappointing to here. Did you rotate them on a 5,000 mile rotation. I've not heard this out of the MXT's as long as their rotated properly. Same goes for the Milestar's. I've also been told running both at 35 psi makes them last a lot longer. I have zero experience personally with either. I did run a set of Geolander M/Ts on my JKU and they were an all around good tire. Only draw back was I only got 30,000 miles put of them and they were loud.

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I have the milestar Patagonia and they are a great tire. Nice and quite and work great in snow and mud

Sponsored

NateKY

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sarge Green
Occupation
Department of the Army Civilian
Kanati Trail Hawgs

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I'm liking the KO2's
I'm a fan of the KO2s as well but they run smaller and they have really jacked the price of them up in the past year. Last year i could get a set of 37's for $1600 out the door, now it's closer to $2000.

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
I have the GEOLANDAR M/T® G003s - on 35s. They are GREAT on the highway (I drive 70miles round trip to and from work all at 65+). No noise. Great in the rain. Awesome off road and they look good too.

20210310_095510 (2).jpg

20210328_170755.jpg

concretewolf

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Gladiator, Toyota Sequoia, Ford Taurus
That's disappointing to here. Did you rotate them on a 5,000 mile rotation. I've not heard this out of the MXT's as long as their rotated properly. Same goes for the Milestar's. I've also been told running both at 35 psi makes them last a lot longer. I have zero experience personally with either. I did run a set of Geolander M/Ts on my JKU and they were an all around good tire. Only draw back was I only got 30,000 miles put of them and they were loud.
I did rotate at exactly 5000 miles I put 25,000 miles on them and they were loud to start and just got louder. They did wear very well and had plenty of tread left I was able to sell them for $450 when I pulled them off. They were an excellent off-road tire weren’t the best in snow and ice on the road. I also switched to BF good rich KO2s.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I have the GEOLANDAR M/T® G003s - on 35s. They are GREAT on the highway (I drive 70miles round trip to and from work all at 65+). No noise. Great in the rain. Awesome off road and they look good too.

Jeep Gladiator Time for New Tires 20210328_170755

Jeep Gladiator Time for New Tires 20210328_170755
Those are the ones I am considering but dang, almost $2000 a set. The are in my weight range though and definitely look good

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I've heard from others that the Milestar's don't last very long but have no personal experience with them. So just keep in mind how many miles you expect out of the tire before you buy. KO2's will last a long time from personal experience and may justify the price. Last set I had went 40,000 and still were fine. My buddy ran Geolander's and liked them as well.

I've got ~15k on my current KO2's (37's) and they look brand new still. My Nitto's got loud at 20-25k (but were not cupping). All chalk tested and rotated every 5k.

If all you do is run fire roads (and no mud) you probably would be best avoiding a hybrid or MT which includes the Milestars. My $0.02. KO2 is also great in the type of weather you get there in NC.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I've heard from others that the Milestar's don't last very long but have no personal experience with them. So just keep in mind how many miles you expect out of the tire before you buy. KO2's will last a long time from personal experience and may justify the price. Last set I had went 40,000 and still were fine. My buddy ran Geolander's and liked them as well.

I've got ~15k on my current KO2's (37's) and they look brand new still. My Nitto's got loud at 20-25k (but were not cupping). All chalk tested and rotated every 5k.

If all you do is run fire roads (and no mud) you probably would be best avoiding a hybrid or MT which includes the Milestars. My $0.02. KO2 is also great in the type of weather you get there in NC.
I wish they made them bigger. I talking to a guy who has a set of the Milestar ATRs for sale in a 37 12.5 17 he said they only have a 1000 miles on them. $600, seems like a steal for them. I'm going to go look at them. I'm really leaning at getting a A/T tire for sure. I do love the KO2s for sure, I've ran about 6 or 7 sets over the years in 35's and they all have gave me almost 50,000 miles.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I wish they made them bigger. I talking to a guy who has a set of the Milestar ATRs for sale in a 37 12.5 17 he said they only have a 1000 miles on them. $600, seems like a steal for them. I'm going to go look at them. I'm really leaning at getting a A/T tire for sure. I do love the KO2s for sure, I've ran about 6 or 7 sets over the years in 35's and they all have gave me almost 50,000 miles.
I mean honestly for $600 that's worth it to try. Then if you don't like them, sell them and take your losses and buy KO2s.

I've just heard they don't last, and it's not like it was one guy either... I've heard that repeated over and over. At the end of the day, road comfort and ability to handle on road and off road was praised by most.

Also bear in mind you have to chalk test that tire differently, as it's designed to ride more on the crown of the tire.